private journal entries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beegee

Neon Zebra
this post isn't so much to ask a question, it's more to bring some awareness.

if a journal entry is a public entry, and someone (not the person whose journal it is) saves the URL (to their "favorites" for example) and the entry is later made private, the entry can STILL be viewed at ANY time by the person who has the URL.

this could possibly cause some problems, if, say the person goes directly into their "favorites" to comment in the entry without realizing that it has already been made private.

just thought journalers should know that. :wave:

This is weird and I've never heard of it. I will have to bring it to Elvis' attention.

See...this is what I was afraid of. ^

I actually cam across this quite some time ago....instead of digging through the forums, I would bookmark things. One day, I bookmarked one of beegee's journal entries. I came back to the site through the "Favorites" feature and posted in it. Then I found out it was "privatized" - and we were both a bit shocked.

I continue to bookmark things on Interference for easy access...especially if I know its going to sink (and I really do not want to dig for threads and journal entries).

Well, it happened again yesterday. No harm was meant AT ALL. But I do not believe that was the way it was taken.

:shrug:

Cassis said:
*bookmarks all journals entries*

:|

this issue has created some big problems between a couple of people who journal, so it's not a joke.

saving the URL will NOT get you into entries that were originally private, it will only allow you to view entries that were once public, but have later been made private.

I'm away on business right now, and am unable to devote any time to this issue until I'm back.

It is also wise to remmeber that when something is posted on the internet, it is likely a cache, copy, etc is likely to remain to exist long after the source is removed.

i've refreshed my journal entry that was made private, made several test replys in considered private entry. and the test replies were still there, and i've since removed them.

Elvis said:
It is also wise to remmeber that when something is posted on the internet, it is likely a cache, copy, etc is likely to remain to exist long after the source is removed.

indeed, and i think a lot of people don't realize that

Back
Top Bottom