Premium Membership Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would also like to add that, as much as I said I would not be renewing, since you listened to what we said, and definitely went out of your way to accommodate, that is no longer going to be the case.

Can I offer a suggestion? It would be very cool if you could customize which forums you'd like to "spy" on. For instance, I might be interested in seeing what is posted in FYM and LS, but not Out of Control (never was a fan of those game threads!).

Regardless, it's a pretty cool new function!

I don't know if it exactly what you are looking for, but there is a box to the left top page for only seeing subscribed threads.

To find out when your premium expires you can go to your usercp, then on the left, scroll down to 'Paid Subscriptions'. It will tell you when it expires so you know when to upgrade.

I don't know if it exactly what you are looking for, but there is a box to the left top page for only seeing subscribed threads.

I'm not talking about individual threads. I'm referring to choosing individual forums. I'm interested in seeing some forums update in real time, but I'm fairly ambivalent to others.

I think it's a screen resolution issue. I will see if I can find a way to group things with more drop downs instead of being so wide. Give us a little time on this, but we will find a solution since more links actually need to be added (photo gallery which I am working at upgrading) as well as a links section to be added (so we can post links to other sites we like).

melon, I understand what you are saying about the filter on the posts. We actually have built a lot of that logic for a system on another site. I have made a note of this so look for something a bit down the road. I think we can make that happen...

Weird. Is anyone else having this problem?

I don't like webpages to fit the entire screen (partly because I have several up at once), so I make the page narrower. Sometimes when I get the page a little too narrow the menu bar sticks out a bit. But normally, no.

:applaud:

fabulous - thanks for working so hard :wink:

martha mentioned the ole reminder pm when its time to dig around the back of the lounge for some change - great idea as am sure lots of people would renew paid membership if they could remember when it was due

hope your world is being kind
:wave:

melon, I understand what you are saying about the filter on the posts. We actually have built a lot of that logic for a system on another site. I have made a note of this so look for something a bit down the road. I think we can make that happen...

Cool. Thanks for considering it!

:wave:

Andy- I hope to be able to upgrade to Silver premium at least....

...but I'm waiting a bit till it's closer to the album's release a month before...
that way I can go through most of the then up-coming tour within a year's worth of membership. (Altho if they put that off till Nov 09, then I'd proabably join in early next year anyway... And b/c I've had so much fun here, I'd def consider renewing after that as well.
As a non-paying member I was very surprised & delighted with all the extra stuff you have given us!
------------------------------------------------

:hmm: trying to put on thinking-cap for the Ad dilemma ...

idea comes from what people have said about more relevant ads

I know this might be a shocking suggestion.....what if you

#gasp#
.... tweeked the Interference name to like:

Interference *Music*

or maybe

Interference *Music* & More

Interference U2 *Music* & More

My ideas being that you retain the Interferance brand name

adding in at least "*Music*" --if I get how your zoning in on Ads works:
so that various related Music ads might be picked up by your " Ad-hunter bots" :) much easier

including the " * s " in the added Music part of the new full name name to jazz it up visually....

and if you add in "& More" it's the repitition of the "M' sound that also helps casually guest remebering the name more.....

( I've done paid non-profit, ad agency, publishing design company & volunter work in graphic design, old fashion paste-ups/mechanicals, some illustration. I've now added digital photgraphy, and more or less self-taught inWord <plus Draw functions> & Photoshop )for Myself presently I mention this only b/c then you know where I'm coming from )

anyway...just some thots.....
maybe they'll be of help....
if you, the mods, and the community like em.... :)

Hmm. Didn't know that. I'll have to take a look.
i knew something you didn't? first time for everything! :wink:

if you decide to go that route, (or for anyone who doesn't know) on the forum's main page (ls, fym, etc.) click on the forum tools dropdown menu. there's a link to subscribe to the forum there.

K, initially I didn't mind the one ad at the top of the page, because it was often random, and usually brought the lulz. But then it was lowered and the evil text bar was added, and it became annoying. With the domain change, they're not as lulzy either (just U2 ringtones, usually) So I turned them off as an experiment.... and the forum loads so much faster now :drool:

Dammit Andy, you're making me want to upgrade again when my premium runs out (I was planning not to) :angry:

I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You're tempting us with useful features! You're making us want to pay you! I know it's all gonna contribute to the new gold-plated sunken hot tub in your mountain top mansion!

K, initially I didn't mind the one ad at the top of the page, because it was often random, and usually brought the lulz. But then it was lowered and the evil text bar was added, and it became annoying. With the domain change, they're not as lulzy either (just U2 ringtones, usually) So I turned them off as an experiment.... and the forum loads so much faster now :drool:

Dammit Andy, you're making me want to upgrade again when my premium runs out (I was planning not to) :angry:

I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You're tempting us with useful features! You're making us want to pay you! I know it's all gonna contribute to the new gold-plated sunken hot tub in your mountain top mansion!

:lmao:

Well, at least we've a few things now that are worth paying for!

Well, it finally looks like you "cleaned" out the non-paid members (me) that still had "membership". I had mentioned it you, as well as Elvis, that I hadn't paid in years, and no one bothered to remove it, so...that may help you get some more members.

One thing as a "regular" member, are we not allowed to look at attachments? I could understand the reasoning, but seems like that wasn't mentioned on the differences page. (Not uploading, but downloading/looking)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom