Premium Membership changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hi all...

A couple of things to note:

Premium memberships have increased to $18/yr and $3/mo, but only for those people just subscribing, or renewing an expired premium. Those who have active subscriptions via PayPal will continue to pay $2/mo or $12/yr.

Also,... for quite sometime I have been VERY behind on auditing current premium members... and as a result many people have a Premium, and shouldn't. I am in the process of getting this up-to-date, and as a result.. some folks that haven't paid in awhile are losing their Premium until they renew it.

This process will take a week or two to complete at most. If you know you 'really' have an expired Premium Membership you may want to renew it now.

From this point fwd... this wont be an issue anymore.

Joel

Blue Room said:
What if you are not sure if its overdue? Mine goes through Paypal but I dont know if that is current.

There is a simple way to tell if you're Premium or not... Check to see if you can access Private Messages.... OR... look at one of your posts, under your name and status it should say Premium Member.

If neither are true, you need to renew.

Joel

another question about this...my paypal account has changed (or something?) and it's asking me to do some sort of verification thing, by getting a code off of my next credit card statement, etc.

I don't remember doing that before, is there an easier way to pay via credit or debit? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm overdue, even though I'm still premium, and I'd like to pay up if I can figure out how.

love2bmama said:
another question about this...my paypal account has changed (or something?) and it's asking me to do some sort of verification thing, by getting a code off of my next credit card statement, etc.

I don't remember doing that before, is there an easier way to pay via credit or debit? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm overdue, even though I'm still premium, and I'd like to pay up if I can figure out how.

Uhm.... that 'code' thing is just part of how paypal verifies your credit card if you added or changed one.

PayPal is the only credit/debit method of payment that we accept.

Elvis said:

Uhm.... that 'code' thing is just part of how paypal verifies your credit card if you added or changed one.

PayPal is the only credit/debit method of payment that we accept.

ok, I guess I can't update my membership until next month when I get my next credit card statement then. I was just wondering if there was a quicker way to do that.

most credit card statements are available online.

Also, I'm fairly sure paypal doesnt require that to make a payment. Have you tried?

And I'm pretty sure you can just call your CC company and get the code that way.

Elvis said:
most credit card statements are available online.

Also, I'm fairly sure paypal doesnt require that to make a payment. Have you tried?

yeah, I tried earlier and I just thought it was weird because I've used paypal before without doing that, including the last time I paid for my membership here. I don't know, I'm at work so I'll mess around with it more when I get home. Thanks for the info.

Well, up until I posted in the this forum asking how to tell I was premium. Now I'm not. It says I have to pay the whole $18 to renew? How was I suppose to know I was overdue when it just renewed automatically before?

Blue Room said:
Well, up until I posted in the this forum asking how to tell I was premium. Now I'm not. It says I have to pay the whole $18 to renew? How was I suppose to know I was overdue when it just renewed automatically before?

IF you were subscribed via PayPal it would have automatically renewed if your credit card on file was still valid/didnt expire, your bank account information was valid, etc. From the looks of it, you haven't been subscribed via PayPal. Perhaps you had sent it via mail.

Well, I renewed it. Sort of hesistantly. I dont quite agree that others get to pay the lower older rate simply because you didnt get to check their subscriptions yet. I had no idea mine had lapsed. I paid by Paypal previously but I only used that account for this period. Appears my credit card expiration needed to be changed. Obviously I thought it was ok and still going through though as I was still Premium. So I pay extra while others benefit from you not getting to theirs yet.

Oh well, yet another in a long line of things I guess..........

Blue Room said:
Well, I renewed it. Sort of hesistantly. I dont quite agree that others get to pay the lower older rate simply because you didnt get to check their subscriptions yet. I had no idea mine had lapsed. I paid by Paypal previously but I only used that account for this period. Appears my credit card expiration needed to be changed. Obviously I thought it was ok and still going through though as I was still Premium. So I pay extra while others benefit from you not getting to theirs yet.

Oh well, yet another in a long line of things I guess..........

Everyone that I havent gotten to yet will be paying the new rate also.

Premium memberships have increased to $18/yr and $3/mo, but only for those people just subscribing, or renewing an expired premium.

So that means... if someone gets reset to non-premium tomorrow they'll be paying the new rates also.

The only reason people with current ACTIVE subscriptions will remain at $12/yr or $2/mo is because those are the terms they subscribed under. Once their subscriptions are cancelled or expire they will need to renew at the new rates also, if they want.

Hope this clarifies some confusion.

Joel

We did some checking and it appears that I'm guilty.....all right, you got me!

hands%20up%202.jpg

A warning would have been nice! Like a mass pm or a note on the front page. I wouldn't have even gone to look for such a thread like this had I not tried to access a premuim option that I quickly found was not available to me anymore. Anyhoo.....I'm paying now. Didn't realize that I hadn't been paying all along.

How long will this take to get me activated again?

arw9797 said:

Just want to link to the Premium Membership FAQs thread for everyone to refer to with basic questions.

http://forum.interference.com/t171663.html

Premium Memberships are set manually by me. As soon as someone subscribes, I get an email, and I will immediately update.

Please be patient as I am around A LOT but obviously I cant be here 24-7.

arw9797 said:
A warning would have been nice! Like a mass pm or a note on the front page. I wouldn't have even gone to look for such a thread like this had I not tried to access a premuim option that I quickly found was not available to me anymore. Anyhoo.....I'm paying now. Didn't realize that I hadn't been paying all along.

arw9797,

I do apologize for the lack of warning as you were in the first group, and admittedly... this thread was an after thought.

Unfortunately a mass PM to everyone affected isnt possible.

I'm going to post a site wide announcement linking people to this thread.

Joel

How do we find out when our membership is due to expire so we can be sure and renew on time (before it expires). Looks like I'm still premium at the moment but I can't find anywhere to let me know when I have to renew. Sorry if I'm just being blind. (I also checked my Paypal account, most likely I would have used that but I can't find anything there either)
Thanks!

Elvis said:

arw9797,

I do apologize for the lack of warning as you were in the first group, and admittedly... this thread was an after thought.

Unfortunately a mass PM to everyone affected isnt possible.

I'm going to post a site wide announcement linking people to this thread.

Joel

no problem....I just hate unexpected bills!

Thanks for the announcement link.

bonocomet said:
How do we find out when our membership is due to expire so we can be sure and renew on time (before it expires). Looks like I'm still premium at the moment but I can't find anywhere to let me know when I have to renew. Sorry if I'm just being blind. (I also checked my Paypal account, most likely I would have used that but I can't find anything there either)
Thanks!

You are membership is indeed current. Right now I only have an internal database... but I'm going to try figure out a way to let people know their subscription expirations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom