Premium Membership changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:

no problem....I just hate unexpected bills!

Thanks for the announcement link.

And I'm sure you know this by now... but I've also contacted every one by email alerting them of the changes as well.

Elvis said:

You are membership is indeed current. Right now I only have an internal database... but I'm going to try figure out a way to let people know their subscription expirations.

Ahh ok I thought maybe there was somewhere on our homepage that told us when our premium subscription was created/expired. Was it possible to choose to have it paid automatically when we signed up? Sorry I can't remember any of this stuff :reject:

bonocomet said:

Ahh ok I thought maybe there was somewhere on our homepage that told us when our premium subscription was created/expired. Was it possible to choose to have it paid automatically when we signed up? Sorry I can't remember any of this stuff :reject:

If you subscribed via PayPal, which most people do... yes, its automatic until canceled (but it get's canceled if your credit card expires).

arw9797 said:
A warning would have been nice! Like a mass pm or a note on the front page. I wouldn't have even gone to look for such a thread like this had I not tried to access a premuim option that I quickly found was not available to me anymore. Anyhoo.....I'm paying now. Didn't realize that I hadn't been paying all along.

How long will this take to get me activated again?

Yeah, same here. I thought it automatically was going through paypall each month. Guess I should have been paying more attenetion.

Elvis said:

If you subscribed via PayPal, which most people do... yes, its automatic until canceled (but it get's canceled if your credit card expires).

Ok thanks again. I still can't find anything at Paypal to confirm that I will renew automatically though. :confused:

bonocomet said:

Ok thanks again. I still can't find anything at Paypal to confirm that I will renew automatically though. :confused:

Have you looked under History? and sorted by Subscriptions?

Elvis said:

Have you looked under History? and sorted by Subscriptions?

Aha! Thanks! Wow that was really burried and hard to find. (I had been looking at recurring payments, not subscriptions) Ok looks like I'm all set for awhile.

Thanks again Elvis :up: :)

bonocomet said:

Aha! Thanks! Wow that was really burried and hard to find. (I had been looking at recurring payments, not subscriptions) Ok looks like I'm all set for awhile.

Thanks again Elvis :up: :)

No problemo. I wish PayPal would have a section just for Subscriptions.. would be much easier for people.

Elvis said:

No problemo. I wish PayPal would have a section just for Subscriptions.. would be much easier for people.

Thanks for the tip about PayPal! All good here....:hyper:

Copy said:
Would it be OK to ask why the premium fee is raised?

Sure. Expenses have gone up, but mostly it's that I'm planning on some work for the site that's going to need me to contract it out.. which is $.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally remove it? Did you edit your profile? I think that when a non-premium member edits his or her profile, even if the change doesn't involve the signature, the signature automatically gets erased when you save your changes.

Bonochick said:
Are you sure you didn't accidentally remove it? Did you edit your profile? I think that when a non-premium member edits his or her profile, even if the change doesn't involve the signature, the signature automatically gets erased when you save your changes.
I didn't touch my profile and part of my signature is gone. :sad:

Was the text offensive?

Bonochick said:

Negative. I haven't touched anyyyything in my User CP since losing premium status. It appears as if Elvis removed it out of spite after I made my post. I honestly don't care in the end, though.

Anyway, I hope he'll finally put forth some real effort into "the largest U2 fan community, owned and operated by U2 fans, in the world" for once with the new ca$h he'll be raking in with the curious spike in pricing for premmies :up:

Last edited:
OK, seriously though. I've been thinking about resubscribing to this forum for another year but I'm wondering, will there be new features or perks for Premium Members? I mean, I think I read a while back that you guys were getting new servers [ :dancing: ] which I think is really cool. I think it would be awesome to allow larger sized avatars and such. Something bigger than 72x72 and with more that 6 frames :giggle:

lol, and sorry if I sound ungrateful or anything like that. I just think it would be a sweet add-on for members!

Queen Bee said:

Negative. I haven't touched anyyyything in my User CP since losing premium status. It appears as if Elvis removed it out of spite after I made my post. I honestly don't care in the end, though.

Anyway, I hope he'll finally put forth some real effort into "the largest U2 fan community, owned and operated by U2 fans, in the world" for once with the new ca$h he'll be raking in with the curious spike in pricing for premmies :up:

I didn't remove it.

And QB, I'm not raking in anything. I've already stated why the rate has been raised. I think you're under the impression that there are thousands of premium members. There isn't.

got_edge said:
OK, seriously though. I've been thinking about resubscribing to this forum for another year but I'm wondering, will there be new features or perks for Premium Members? I mean, I think I read a while back that you guys were getting new servers [ :dancing: ] which I think is really cool. I think it would be awesome to allow larger sized avatars and such. Something bigger than 72x72 and with more that 6 frames :giggle:

lol, and sorry if I sound ungrateful or anything like that. I just think it would be a sweet add-on for members!

We just got a brand new server last week which is about 2x-3x faster than the previous one. And yes, new features are planned... as mentioned I'm going to have to contract out some work to get them done.

Elvis said:
Good question. You sure you didn't edit your profile in any way?

So now are you trying to cover your tracks? For all I know a moderator could've done it, so I suppose it isn't fair to single you out for it (the timing is suspicious, though). But yeah, I'm 110% positive.

I'm just going to let it go since this is completely pointless. I won't derail this thread any further :happy:

Queen Bee said:

So now are you trying to cover your tracks? For all I know a moderator could've done it, so I suppose it isn't fair to single you out for it (the timing is suspicious, though). But yeah, I'm 110% positive.

I'm just going to let it go since this is completely pointless. I won't derail this thread any further :happy:

Who killed JFK?

Elvis said:
We just got a brand new server last week which is about 2x-3x faster than the previous one. And yes, new features are planned... as mentioned I'm going to have to contract out some work to get them done.

That sounds pretty cool.

And after I renew my subscription, will I be able to change my signature back to the way it was? I kinda miss it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom