Premium Members - Paypal Subscriptions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just another reminder / FYI. If you got a PM from Andy that your subscription is expired, and you dont think that's right, please get the paypal transaction number from your subscription with the date of sign up, etc and send it to Andy by pm or andy [at] socialknowledge.net so he can look into it.

I have a question. My account expires/automatically renews on August 19th (I remember the date because it's my nephew's birthday), but this year I don't think I want it to renew at all. With all the new premium/non-premium account changes, the only things I'll be losing that I actually currently use are my signature and custom user title (and polls= creating? but I'm not even sure I've ever even used that feature), and those are things I can live without, so I don't really see it worth the money.

What will I have to do to stop the account from automatically renewing next month?

I have a question. My account expires/automatically renews on August 19th (I remember the date because it's my nephew's birthday), but this year I don't think I want it to renew at all. With all the new premium/non-premium account changes, the only things I'll be losing that I actually currently use are my signature and custom user title (and polls= creating? but I'm not even sure I've ever even used that feature), and those are things I can live without, so I don't really see it worth the money.

What will I have to do to stop the account from automatically renewing next month?

Andy cancelled everyone's membership because you will need to re-subscribe to a new link when your membership expires. So basically, you don't have to do anything, just let your membership expire if you don't want to renew.

Bitchin'. :up: Thanks!

(I wasn't sure how the whole paypal thing was gonna work.)

Actually Andy told me that everyone will get a notice that their membership is going to expire 30 days in advance as well as the day before with links to renew.

Cool :D
So just to clarify things, if I set it to renew like, tonight, will it start from tonight or from the date my previous one runs out(august 6)? and won't the person who got me my premium last time automatically pay for me? I wouldn't want her to double pay me!

Cool :D
So just to clarify things, if I set it to renew like, tonight, will it start from tonight or from the date my previous one runs out(august 6)? and won't the person who got me my premium last time automatically pay for me? I wouldn't want her to double pay me!

Yeah I really don't know. Why not just wait until it runs out to pay? Plus I think you're good for a while anyway. I will pm you.

I still don't understand how this works, but if there's a notice and a link, I'm happy.

Since there was an ownership change, everyone's subscriptions had to be canceled from an account set up by Elvis, and be re-signed up to a new one by Andy. It is a big pain in the butt but I guess there was no other way. From what I understand there will be plenty of notice and a link provided for you to re-subscribe when the time comes.

Since there was an ownership change, everyone's subscriptions had to be canceled from an account set up by Elvis, and be re-signed up to a new one by Andy. It is a big pain in the butt but I guess there was no other way. From what I understand there will be plenty of notice and a link provided for you to re-subscribe when the time comes.

Oooooohh. I think I finally get it. The subs are still in effect, they just transferred over.

:der:

Yeah. And actually if you go to the payment link

http://forum.interference.com/payments.php

It should tell you when your subscription expires.

I are confoozed... I clicked there and it told me this:

Subscription Title ............. Start Date ......... Expiry Date
Annual Premium Upgrade .....06-24-2008 ....... 12-23-2008

Does that mean that I don't have to renew my premium subscription until December 2008? Cos I'm pretty sure it should have expired in June (June 26, to be exact), since my paypal shows that I paid last on June 26, 2007.

I'm happy to pay again now, just a tad confuzzled... maybe there was a typo or something? :scratch:

Does that mean that I don't have to renew my premium subscription until December 2008?
That is correct. I forgot that I actually gave all upgraded members a 6 month bonus (to compensate for the change in the premium offering. I thought it was 3 months but I guess it was actually 6! So enjoy the extra bonus time and thanks for being so cool about the changes made to the premium offer. We tried to bring some more value to upgrading while opening up some features for non-premiums to keep trying to do more for all our members.

That is correct. I forgot that I actually gave all upgraded members a 6 month bonus (to compensate for the change in the premium offering. I thought it was 3 months but I guess it was actually 6! So enjoy the extra bonus time and thanks for being so cool about the changes made to the premium offer. We tried to bring some more value to upgrading while opening up some features for non-premiums to keep trying to do more for all our members.

Awesome, many thanks Andy! You guys have done (and are doing) a fantastic job. :D :bow:

Do you guys know if I will loose my PM's in my inbox when i renew my premium as that would make me :sad: coz i have some great memories in there. :reject::lol:

I just wanted to elaborate on this. If you were premium and your premium expires, you shouldn't lose your pm's but you will not be able to receive any pm's if you have more than 25 in your box. I believe sent messages count toward the limit as well.

Thanks, Andy, that is very kind!

I am curious how the new payment system works... will we receive a notice when our Premium subscription is about to expire? And is it still a monthly invoice, or is at a yearly, all at once payment system? I'm afraid I'll never remember come December that I have to "re-up"! :reject:

:wave:

Thanks, Andy, that is very kind!

I am curious how the new payment system works... will we receive a notice when our Premium subscription is about to expire? And is it still a monthly invoice, or is at a yearly, all at once payment system? I'm afraid I'll never remember come December that I have to "re-up"! :reject:

:wave:

Actually Andy told me that everyone will get a notice that their membership is going to expire 30 days in advance as well as the day before with links to renew.

It will be yearly now, no more monthly.

Yeah. And actually if you go to the payment link

http://forum.interference.com/payments.php

It should tell you when your subscription expires.

Great!

Mine is 3 months and 2 days.

Start date : 01-18-2008
Expiry date : 04-20-2009

FYI I've upgraded the Premium Membership FAQs thread with some information regarding paying for premium for other members. It has to be done a certain way now.

http://forum.interference.com/f235/premium-membership-faqs-most-common-questions-answers-171663.html

Can I pay for premium membership for another member?
If you'd like to purchase premium membership for another member, please to not use the payment link as this will just upgrade your own account for another year. You must send a payment manually to paypal[at]socialknowledge.net and include the username of the member you wish to pay for. Then pm Sicy or Andy with the paypal transaction ID number/details and member name so that we can properly update the subscriptions.

:wave: Thanks Andy - been away for a while and this was a fabbo suprise - happy days :up:

Back
Top Bottom