Premium Members - Paypal Subscriptions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Sicy. Will there be an address that you can sent it to? And will it be made known on this site? I am also speaking for some of the people who don't have a Paypal account. There are some who don't.

Yes once we get this all straightened out I'm sure we'll have more information on that.

We almost have the system setup. It looks like there are about 120 members who are not accounted for in the data I have been provided. I will PM these members to let them know their accounts will be set back to regular member. If they want to upgrade again, they will be able to do so next week.

Regarding checks, there will not be a way to send in checks (or cash) in the near term. I spend most of the year in South America and only check my PO Box every so often. You can pay with a credit card or eCheck (without having to login to PayPal). So any member with a VISA or Mastercard credit card (or bank check card) can use the online system and you can even use a check through the system. That should cover 99.8% of our members.

If you need to figure out if your subscription has expired, or when it expired follow these instructions:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click History at the top of the page.
3. Select Subscriptions from the Show menu.
4. Check the From box and change the date back 2 years.
5. Click Search.
6. Click Details to view the details of a specific Subscription Creation.

Currently all of our accounts should be showing that their status is cancelled though right? Until Andy finishes setting things back up. If we were current at the time they were all cancelled on Jun 23rd, we will not have to do anything to restart the automatic payments?
Thanks!

That's true. I wonder though if you searched your paypal account for the subscription, if it would still tell the date you signed up? Can you try that and see if it works? I am just trying to pre-empt everyone saying 'why was my premium removed with no warning, etc etc'

Subscription Date:
Apr. 29, 2005
Time:
00:34:24 PDT
Cancelled - By Seller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date of Cancellation:
Jun. 23, 2008

Does that help?

Last edited:
Yes, it does show it, I had to set mine to go back 3 years but it shows the date I first enrolled, however that was all, it does not show each time it automatically charged my subscription each year. (So the only Interference activity shown was the date I enrolled years ago, and the date a few days ago that the subscription was ended by Elvis... I thought it would show the renewals each year but it doesn't). I would imagine if someones subscription ended because they let it expire it will show that but mine has always been automatic so hopefully someone else can help on that!

So what if the renewal date was during the time we were cancelled? :sad:

Subscription Date:
Jun. 25, 2007
Time:
22:10:33 PDT
Cancelled - By Seller

Date of Cancellation:
Jun. 23, 2008

I'm not sure right now how this is going to work, if everyone's subscriptions will still automatically renew, or if everyone will need to re-subscribe to the new paypal account. We'll wait for Andy to let us know.

Currently all of our accounts should be showing that their status is cancelled though right? Until Andy finishes setting things back up. If we were current at the time they were all cancelled on Jun 23rd, we will not have to do anything to restart the automatic payments?
Thanks!

I got one of those emails and thought it was spam.:reject:

I'm not sure right now how this is going to work, if everyone's subscriptions will still automatically renew, or if everyone will need to re-subscribe to the new paypal account. We'll wait for Andy to let us know.

Just wondering if our subscription is not automatically going to renew etc if we will now be charged the $18 instead of the $12 Joel said he'd keep us on....does that make sense? :uhoh: Not that I'm worrying over $6....just wanting to know what to expect....

We almost have the system setup. It looks like there are about 120 members who are not accounted for in the data I have been provided. I will PM these members to let them know their accounts will be set back to regular member. If they want to upgrade again, they will be able to do so next week.

Regarding checks, there will not be a way to send in checks (or cash) in the near term. I spend most of the year in South America and only check my PO Box every so often. You can pay with a credit card or eCheck (without having to login to PayPal). So any member with a VISA or Mastercard credit card (or bank check card) can use the online system and you can even use a check through the system. That should cover 99.8% of our members.

Hope that you will make it easy to use a credit card, and that it will posted on how about to do it.

I'm trying to renew my premium membership, but can't figure out exactly where/how to do it. I'll be using paypal. Help?

I'm trying to renew my premium membership, but can't figure out exactly where/how to do it. I'll be using paypal. Help?
Sorry about the delay, I will work on some of the last issues outstanding and then we will post an announcement that the new automated upgrade system is in place.

Andy

:huh:
I also got a PM, while my premium runs from my birtdays, which is a month from now... and I was going to renew anyway and even got a paypal account, but I assumed I had plenty of time, and now I can't even renew?
Bit odd..

Did you read what Andy just said above? You should be able to renew within the next week once he gets it all set up again.

I highly doubt he will remove anyone's subscription before he sets up the new sign up going.

I also sent this in a PM to Andy but figured i may aswell post it in here in case anyone else was wondering the answer. I got the PM about my premium ended. Do you guys know if I will loose my PM's in my inbox when i renew my premium as that would make me :sad: coz i have some great memories in there. :reject::lol:

Thanks. :hug:

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or has already be answered somewhere else, but: When will new people (like me) be able to register for Premium Membership? Will there be an official announcement made? Thanks for answering.

I also sent this in a PM to Andy but figured i may aswell post it in here in case anyone else was wondering the answer. I got the PM about my premium ended. Do you guys know if I will loose my PM's in my inbox when i renew my premium as that would make me :sad: coz i have some great memories in there. :reject::lol:

Thanks. :hug:

You won't lose your PMs :)

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or has already be answered somewhere else, but: When will new people (like me) be able to register for Premium Membership? Will there be an official announcement made? Thanks for answering.

There is not an exact date yet but hopefully it will be in the next few days. I expect we will have a stickied announcement with all the details.

Back
Top Bottom