Premium features to Un-Premium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which 1 feature do you think should be made un-Premium?

• Can use Search

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • Can post Polls

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Can use Private Messaging

Votes: 29 25.2%
  • Can view Who's Online

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Can view Member Profiles

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • None.

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
I think viewing profiles should go free. That way, I could see non-preem's profiles and find out more about them. They might actually fill them out and keep them up-to-date. I think PMing should remain premium-only as an incentive to fork over twelve measly dollars. Plus, it's a cool thing. :wink:

Being able to send PMs would be nice. While the search facility is probably one of the most expensive features of the board, the PM feature must be rather cheap to implement. Therefore it makes sense that the search facility should be for paying members only, while the PM feature could be extended to all members at a very little or no cost.

U2Man said:
Being able to send PMs would be nice. While the search facility is probably one of the most expensive features of the board, the PM feature must be rather cheap to implement. Therefore it makes sense that the search facility should be for paying members only, while the PM feature could be extended to all members at a very little or no cost.

Go PMs! #1!

tpsglick2424 said:
I wish signatures were up there...Oh well...:sigh: ....

I think that would be cool too. I like the interactive stuff like PMs, sigs and profiles.

phillyfan26 said:

I think that would be cool too. I like the interactive stuff like PMs, sigs and profiles.

It would bring everyone closer together like one huge family:wink:

bonosgirl84 said:

yep.

which is why i voted for creating polls (although my first thought was to vote for none).

there are people here who have been coughing it up for years.

i mean, is the cost of being a premium member going to decrease if the functions available to a non-premium member are going to increase?

I voted polls for the reasons BC and bg gave. :up:

Viewing profiles is a close second.

I voted for PMing to go non premium. My thinking is that it should be either that or viewing members profiles, so that we can have a way of contacting each other besides posting and hoping the person you want sees it.

Bonochick said:

With the "Who's Online" feature, you can see which forum or thread a person is viewing...or if they are reading a PM or something.

I've been visiting here for years and I never knew that.:reject:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Just a question, if PMs went non-premium, could spammers/trolls then register, and start spamming by way of PM?
:yikes:

However, I'd love for PMs to be available for non-premium...:drool:

Me too, I'd just report it ...

USING PM! :D

Member profiles. It seems more like a basic function of a forum rather than a bonus like searching (which is costly and taxing for the servers) and PMing.

PMs.
You can always ask a mod to help you make a poll and you can search via Google.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Member profiles. It seems more like a basic function of a forum rather than a bonus like searching (which is costly and taxing for the servers) and PMing.

Yes!!! Viewing profiles should be a basic feature!!!

Elvis said:
One thing to keep in mind... part of the original idea behind making certain features Premium were actually to verify members true, or likely, identities. The majority of folks use PayPal to subscribe or send a personal check. I'm not going to go into details, but in the past certain members had been harrassed either by someone PMing them, or emailing them (via their Profile), as well as doing frequent searches on all of their posts, and targetting/stalking them on the forum.
:up:

I voted Search because it's a basic internet function that people are used to anyway.

Another reason why giving everyone the ability to send PMs might make sense is that it would make it a bit easier for the mods to contact the members immediately, wouldn't it?

Elvis said:
I'm considering un-Premium'ing either 1 or more current Premium Member features.

This poll is just to give me an idea... it's not a 'vote' to actually decide the outcome.

Please choose 1 feature which you think should be made un-Premium.

If you care to also reply and explain why you chose what you did, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joel

What are you thinking of at this point?

Re: Re: Premium features to Un-Premium

pattip2000 said:

What are you thinking of at this point?

That it's really gorgeous weather here in South Florida today. Mymammmmmmmmmy.

indra said:

Although I use Search (mostly the View New Threads function) and like it, I suspect that most people who start new threads without scanning even a couple pages back aren't likely to use search anyway.

I agree.

I vote for the PM function. It would be great that everyone on the board could interact that way. It also means people wouldn't have to give out their email addresses on the forum so someone could contact them.

I look at what would improve this place for all members. SEARCH. Less dup threads, and it's not a real "benefit" like PM or viewing profiles.

bonosgirl84 said:

i mean, is the cost of being a premium member going to decrease if the functions available to a non-premium member are going to increase?

Is this going to be answered?

??????????????????????

I think the search feature - as someone pointed out it would benefit all as it would hopefully reduce the number of duplicated threads.

I don't know that adding search would limit too many duplicate threads. Certainly a lot, but I get the feeling that the real annoying ones (like the Bush SBS one) would happen regardless.

I'd vote PM'ing or profiles. The main point of this site is interaction and communication between fans afterall.

Back
Top Bottom