Posting a reply w/multiple quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blm

New Yorker
Okay, I didn't see this topic here and can't seem to figure it out for myself (now I feel very much the dumb-dumb).

HOw do I post ONE reply with quotes from different posts on a thread, so that the quotes are in the white box? Do you know what I mean? Copy and paste doesn't put it in the white box.

Basically you have to have 2 browser windows open and copy and paste the quotes from one browser, into the other browser where you are constructing your reply. Then you have to manually type the
brackets around the text you wish to quote. Or in the one browser you can hit the quote button on the posts you want to quote, copy, and paste them in the other browser. If any of that makes sense. I'm sure other people do it differently, but that's just how I do it.

If I wanted to quote you both, this is how I would do it:

Hit the button to quote Sicy. Select all of that text and copy it.

Hit the back button on my browser and then hit the button to quote blm.

Before (or after) blm's quoted text, I would paste Sicy's copied text.

Sicy said:
Basically you have to have 2 browser windows open and copy and paste the quotes from one browser, into the other browser where you are constructing your reply. Then you have to manually type the
brackets around the text you wish to quote. Or in the one browser you can hit the quote button on the posts you want to quote, copy, and paste them in the other browser. If any of that makes sense. I'm sure other people do it differently, but that's just how I do it.

blm said:
Okay, I didn't see this topic here and can't seem to figure it out for myself (now I feel very much the dumb-dumb).

HOw do I post ONE reply with quotes from different posts on a thread, so that the quotes are in the white box? Do you know what I mean? Copy and paste doesn't put it in the white box.

Hey, it works! I was wondering this too. Thanks! :hug: :wave:

Sicy said:

Don't mind me, I'm finally getting around to practicing this. :wink:

Sicy said:
Just type out the quote tags
paste your text here [/ quote]

If I wanted to quote you both, this is how I would do it:

By Jove I think I've got it ! :wink:

Now for quoting articles:
New for 2008: The Latest in Camera & Photo
Hot on the heels of the 2008 International CES, and in preparation for PMA 2008, top brands like Canon, Fuji, Nikon, and others have introduced the latest and greatest digital cameras and camcorders.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom