pop up ads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
This prolly belongs in the problems forum, but as its not really a problem im going to ask here.
Just before I was on the main index and got the box pop up saying I had a pm. I clicked it to open the pm when a pop up ad appeared. Some ad for a digital camera or something. I've never once seen an ad anywhere on this site in the few years I've been here. I know it didn't come from another IE window as i wasn't doing anything else at the time. I mentioned it to someone else and they said they occasionally got pop up ads while on the main index page here too and have for a while. Not many, but some.
I'm curious. Anyone else ever had this? I know it definately wasn't the browser.

You might have spyware on your computer.

Download Ad-Aware 6.0 at http://www.lavasoft.de . Some spyware data miners will monitor what you are looking at and deliver pop-ups on the basis of keywords on the pages you are looking at.

Melon

Melon, I use that anti-spyware system. It's great! I've kicked every :censored: pop-up spy outfit from my system since I downloaded it! I don't get any more pop-ups. Yeah, it's those pesky spies.:madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom