Political ads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Site Team
Staff member
Over the past couple of days some forum members have been seeing political ads on the forum. We wanted to let you know that these ads were served by google based on the viewer location and that google sends us a fairly random mix of ads. We have contacted google and asked that no political advertising be shown on the forum.

As always - we are politically neutral. We apologize if anyone's sensibilities were offended and have taken action to correct the situation.

thanks!

i had hoped that they were random an unintentional.
i have to say i was not pleased to see "yes on prop 8" ads on my favorite site, and until this thread I still had a bitter taste in my mouth about it.

not exactly in keeping with U2's message of equality. Google's advertising programs must not be all it's cracked up to be.

let's keep those annoying ads to Oasis Boxsets, Losing 12 Lbs in 2 weeks, and Anime websites. That I can handle. I'm sure U2 is in full support of all three, given that they toured with oasis, had anime imagery on tour with them at Popmart (and in the Zooropa calendar) and... er... lost weight at some point? Edge between Rattle and Hum and Achtung baby?

sigh.

I am not sure if you are aware but if you wanted to subscribe to premium membership gold, you would then have the ability to turn off all the ads. Just a thought for those that really hate the ads.

let's keep those annoying ads to Oasis Boxsets, Losing 12 Lbs in 2 weeks, and Anime websites. That I can handle. I'm sure U2 is in full support of all three, given that they toured with oasis, had anime imagery on tour with them at Popmart (and in the Zooropa calendar) and... er... lost weight at some point? Edge between Rattle and Hum and Achtung baby?

sigh.

do you hate miley cyrus???? :hyper: YES?? NO?? :hyper:

why i love premium gold.

thanks!

i had hoped that they were random an unintentional.
i have to say i was not pleased to see "yes on prop 8" ads on my favorite site, and until this thread I still had a bitter taste in my mouth about it.

not exactly in keeping with U2's message of equality. Google's advertising programs must not be all it's cracked up to be.

I know that these ads go away with premium membership, still I don't like the idea of them being on a U2 site. I just don't think it looks good for new fans or those who just found this site. Political ads are always a bad idea.

I once clicked on those ads, got 0% on the test and they still wanted to give me a ringtone! Why won't you let me fail? :sad:

:lol: :crack: Chris Brown?!?!?!? Coldplay?!?!?! Supermodel?!?!?!?

I caught my sister out the other day. She'd clicked on one of those send us a message and we'll tell you the name of your secret admirer ones.

Speaking of irritating ads, are the IMVU banners REALLY necessary? I'm getting sick and tired of seeing those animated teenage hos and playas macking at the top of my screen. People give me looks when I browse Interference at the library...

Speaking of irritating ads, are the IMVU banners REALLY necessary? I'm getting sick and tired of seeing those animated teenage hos and playas macking at the top of my screen. People give me looks when I browse Interference at the library...
the ads might not be why you get the odd looks
whore.gif

Well you all have 2 options I suppose.

Or try adblock?

1. I practically live in a comunist country where I can´t get more than 400 dollars a year with a credit card :grumpy: hence, I can´t get my premium membership yet grumpy: x 100000 (I feel like a chula really :reject: )

2. I really don´t care the ads, except for this one, I just saved this image to show to my friends how the "revolutionary" tentacles have reached the net

This is why I no longer use MSN email. I'm not interested in a timeshare and I don't need a penis enlargement. Why do they send you these useless ad's? No other service does it. Google doesn't

:lol: I know!! I hate the huge amount of penis enlargement adds that they send. Is there actually people who open them?, because otherwise, I don't get why they send that much of them.

Back
Top Bottom