PMing more than one friend at a time???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
Am I just missing it, or is there no way to PM a group of friends at the same time for the same message?

What I'm meaning is that I loved the old feature where you wanted to send the same message to more than one buddy at the same time by checking off their names. Well now I have to do it the hard way...sending the same message over and over again to different friends. It's a real pain in the butt.

Where's my list of buddies to check off or click onto to send a group message???

And I don't want to have to search the whole freakin' membership list either as I'm trying to remember who I want to send it to in the "TO:" box.

Please help!

:huh:

Click on the Quick Links drop down menu at the top of the forum, and then "Open contacts pop up".

SICY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What in the world is an automatic refresh timer doing on the check off list??? The damn thing won't let me finish my check off list!!!!! Can you please tell Elvis, or whoever is the person who wrote this thing, please turn it off!!!

I would literally have to go down my list in lightening speed!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!

If you don't believe me, go down the list or not at all, check off a few names, and wait exactly 60 seconds, and it'll erase your check marks!

I just don't understand why that feature is needed. All it's doing is pissing me off!!!

And it was never there before in the old Interference!

I've got an email in to Andy to find out why it does this.

My guess would be that while you're checking off your friends, one or more of your friends goes offline/online meaning that page would change/refresh. This is just a guess though. Is it always 60 seconds or does the time vary?

I've got an email in to Andy to find out why it does this.

My guess would be that while you're checking off your friends, one or more of your friends goes offline/online meaning that page would change/refresh. This is just a guess though. Is it always 60 seconds or does the time vary?

It's always 60 seconds, and it doesn't matter if I check off any names or not. Just let it sit there and watch it. You'll see the page go away and come back up every 60 seconds.

I just don't understand the need to have an automatic refresh on something like that. I understand a need for it on a main page only if there are messages that are coming to you. Message annoucements that you receive are put on hold in hyper space until the page is refreshed.

Again, it's just a simple check off list. And I would like to send out a group of messages to my friends whether they are online or not...it doesn't and shouldn't matter.

I simply think the automatic refresh feature on the open contacts popup has to be a mistake and needs to be removed...before I go nuts!

:crazy:

And thanks for helping me out.

:wink:

Apparently this cant be changed.. according to Andy. Sorry!!

I think the window refreshes to show you who is online or not. It must be a vBulletin default setting. I don't see any way to turn this off in the AdminCP. Premium Members are allowed to send a PM to 10 members. So that gives 6 seconds per member. Unfortunately I guess you just have to be fast. If they use the Send PM link at the bottom and then reopen the window that should be a solution.

So basically what you can do is check off a few, then hit PM users at the bottom, then you can go back to the contact pop up and check off more, then hit PM users, and it will keep adding the users to the private message you are sending.

Back
Top Bottom