PMing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
People who arent premium members shouldnt be able to receive the messages//the premium members if they try to pm a non-premium member they should get a note letting them know that.

just a suggestion b/c ive received a few and idk how to get back to them and they dont know im not a premium member.

I agree with you Adge. I received one for my Birthday, Christmas and Valentine's Day but I can't read them...

This has been discussed in the past, and we decided that's not a good option. Private Messaging is one of the best and most attractive perks of having a premium membership. In my opinion, I feel that to suddenly offer that up to everybody would be a slap in the face to the people who have purchased a premium membership.

As iloveedge said, the PMs are surely just messages from the site regarding birthdays and holidays. If any other member tried to PM you, it wouldn't go through. When I hit your PM button, this is the message that comes up:

EdgeIsTooSexy has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Therefore, it's not like you have messages from friends that are sitting unread, with your friends wondering why you haven't responded.

yeah thats all i meant i just didnt know.

s/h bibs. and one i know wasnt for a holiday or anything

The only time non premium members can receive PMs from premium members is when mass PMs are sent out.
So if I send out a PM saying Happy United States of Repression Day and I send it to my entire buddy list, y'all will get it whether you shelled out 18 bucks or not. Sadly, those who are less the 18$ will only receive the joy of reading my witty PM title and not the actual content.

comprende?

Back
Top Bottom