PM/Pop-up notices (or lack thereof)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Recently I've heard of premies receiving PMs from people but no pop-up notices letting them know of this. I thought nothing of it until it just happened to me. The only reason I knew I had a private message was because I saw my email notification.

So my question is this... why are we no longer getting the pop-up notes? I checked my options and I do have it ticked where it says that I would like them pop-ups. :der:

Do you have pop-up blocker software on your computer? I know that on my dad's computer, where we have pop-up blockers, I often don't get a PM pop-up (hence why I get MORE PMs a few days later demanding to know why I haven't answered someone's PM).

sometimes i don't get them either. sometimes i do. i don'thave pop up blockers.

It seems I don't always get the pop-ups consistently either, so I always double check right after I log in at the bottom of the main page - it will tell you if you have any unread messages.

TheWho4Life said:
I get them, but when it says open in a new window, they never open. So I go click on private messages to read them.
what browser do you use? do you have pop up protection? on my hubby's mac i can't open them in a new window because safari has built in protection. but on my pc when i use ie i can override the pop up blocker and allow the pm to open.

i think opera and others do this too so that could be it.

bonosloveslave said:
it will tell you if you have any unread messages.

the last time i didn't get a pop up it said 0 new messages 1 unread.

Back
Top Bottom