PM Messages for non-premium members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Quick question...

Maddy has about a dozen PMs when she goes to her User Control panel. However, she's not premium and cannot open them. Is there any way for her or a non-premium member to get rid of the PM's? It takes up half the page. And I was also wondering why they would even go thru to non-premium members in the first place :scratch:

Just hang tight, I'm hoping after the upgrade pm's can be available for all users (hoping).

martha said:
:angry:

But that's part of what I pay for.

Yeah! :mad:

...hmm...what about if everyone gets PM's, premium members get to check exactly who's ignoring them? That seems fair. :D

Relax.. there are plenty of things you pay for that others dont get. Regular members pretty much cant do jack shit but read and post. I personally think its ridiculous that not everyone has pm's. And its especially annoying as a mod when you need to contact someone and they are not premium, and their email address is broken. I cant function like this.

PMing should come standard with a basic account, I never understood that restriction. I've been a member since 2002, I'm more a reader than poster (lurker) as my post count shows :hmm: and I decided to upgrade back when the premium membership thing started just so I could do more here.

The new changes has me interested in this place again.

Ok I was going to say go ahead and clean that up while you can, just in case they change it because they are still working on non prem/ and prem stuff.

I always hated the fact I couldn't search as a non premium.

Especially my own posts, maybe it's possible to make at least that available for non prems?
Especially when I didn't get online every day and I posted in a few very long threads, I could never find back where I left off (or when I just forgot in which threads I posted lol)
( maybe there was another way to find your own posts and I never knew about it :reject: )

Would be nice to be able to see my own profile too. I don't particularly care about seeing other people's but it seems weird to have to pay to see your own profile.

I agree, but unfortunately with the new software, its either all or nothing on that.

Yeah, that's kinda sucks not being able to see your own profile...

I'm not techy, and it certainly isn't a top priority right now, but is there a way to sort of work around that? Like, thru some sort of..I dunno...mirror page or something, just for people to see their own?

or a preview function of some sorts?

I already asked Andy about it and what he told me is what I posted above.

After two years I was finally able to see my birthday PM's for the first time today. :ohmy:

So does that mean PM is now for non-premium members as well?

If so, thanks.

However, I understand that there have to be privileges for those who pay. I'm considering a premium membership as well. I was slightly surprised to find out I cannot even look at my own profile. :huh:

I think anything to do with one's own account should be non-premium:

1. Viewing one's own profile.
2. Searching for our own posts/Looking at our own complete post history.
(Maybe disable other search options for non-premium members.)
etc...

And premium members have privileges like Advanced Search, Polls, Access to special forums like Pussys etc.

Just a suggestion.

Yeah that's a very good idea actually but I dont think it can be implemented.

PMS for non-members? No thank you.
:D

And since I'm posting here now, I prefer a search functionality to sending private messages. With the search functionality you can at least find out if there's already a thread on a subject. And not constantly start up new threads about something someone already brought up recently.

Back
Top Bottom