Please please please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
....can we have a temporary forum on the US Election? We've got for for the war already. I'm so sick of all the Bush vs. Kerry threads and the haters/lovers debates and all of the closed threads in FYM. Can there be another sub-forum like the war forum, even if it's just until January?

Or maybe let the War forum merge with the 'regular' FYM forum (as most of the attention has shifted away from it). This will keep the sub-forums in FYM to 1. I think it's a good suggestion of LivLuv. :up:

ThatGuy said:
We can call it In The Year of Election. :wink:

Ot maybe Political Fanatics.

OR, like I asked before, we could also have a religion one as well and have

Religious Nuts

Political Fanatics

(and either keep the war one or move it back to FYM)

Elvis owns the place and (I guess) came up with the original idea, so, yes, it pretty much does. :wink:

Even with the Premium memberships, Elvis personally remains responsible for Interference financially, I believe.

Tomer said:
does this entire board depend on elvis?

For the most part the board is run by our excellent team of admins and mods....

However, when it comes to the larger changes and additions, the server, the technical aspects, secuirty, as well as the sites finances, I am the one responsible. For the most part the forum team and the content team are involved with making and requesting what changes/additions/deletions are made to the site... I ultimately make the decision on what can be done (or not) and what will be done.

I created Interference.com (which originally had another name) about 10yrs ago, the forum first appeared in 2000. Since the conception of both the site and the forum I have provided the primary vision and longterm goals of the site - I guess I'm sort of like the CEO or President.... but it's the forum team and the content team that truly are the heart beat of the site and make it what it is today :)

I forgot the most important part of this thread....

I'm not usually a big fan of temporary forums, because ultimately they will either be hidden away or merged with another forum.

FYM is: This is an off-topic forum. Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events.

If we make a politics sub-forum... I'd like it to stay. How does everyone feel about that?

I guess that works if that's what you want, but I was thinking more for the political depate regarding the upcoming election. The reason being a lot of people have mentioned that they're getting sick of all the Bush vs. Kerry and all the "Why you should love/hate Kerry/Bush" -esque threads. Since we've got a forum for another specific, temporary event (the war), I don't see how this is much different.

Last edited:
great idea I second the please please please. :hyper:

I'd like to use the forum but with all the election threads now that turn so nasty, I don't even lurk it as much as I used it. I have a weak stomach.... :grumpy:

nbcrusader said:
Politics pervades about 95% of the threads in FYM. It would be hard to create a permanent sub-forum.

The traffic in War seems down.
I agree

the politics subforum would end up being the major forum
or something :wink:

I once suggested this, but you all IGNORED ME! :grumpy: That we split FYM into sociology/religion (humanities) etc, and politics. Hardcore hard arsed bitching about W, Blair, Iraq, Etc. Social issues like abortion etc in the other.

But even I dont know if that is a grand idea. You should say it is anyway because I am feeling very unloved.

*single tear.

awwwwwwwww :hug:

:wink:

I support every idea that can solve every fym thread turning into a democrats vs conservatives stand off (be it a thread on elections, abortion or why god loves me more than any of you :D )
if only because - well being dutch and all - I don't feel I have much in common with either of them

your idea oozes brilliance la harlem :love:

:p

Back
Top Bottom