Place for other Artist bootlegs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimjam

Acrobat
I saw this on u2star,but that community is very small compared to interference, I recon one should be put up here, you would get some very good bootlegs put up too

That would be a good forum...I mean we do have other off topic forums, why not have an off topic music forum?

tpsglick2424 said:
That would be a good forum...I mean we do have other off topic forums, why not have an off topic music forum?

We do have Just the Bang & The Clatter for general music.. but that is more to discuss bands/music not to trade bootlegs.

Sicy said:
Well we do not promote file sharing as per our rules..

Come on now, banning ysi links (actually forcing folks to just abreviate) isn't the same as "not promoting file sharing"

I have seen mods helping people with requests and such, so lets not fool anyone with "we don't promote file sharing".

Chrisedge said:

Come on now, banning ysi links (actually forcing folks to just abreviate) isn't the same as "not promoting file sharing"

I have seen mods helping people with requests and such, so lets not fool anyone with "we don't promote file sharing".

Banning the links at least shows an effort on Interference's part to not be participating in illegal activity. We aren't trying to "fool anyone". We know it goes on...some illegal, some legal. But we will not allow active links to illegal files on this site. It's a way to protect Interference. Yes, it's not perfect, but it's at least an effort, as opposed to saying, "There's nothing way can do about it," and turning a blind eye.

Sicy said:
But I think maybe a subforum for 'other music' maybe under Music on the Internet forum might not be a bad idea. I'll run it by Elvis.

That's a good idea! I've sometimes wondered where to post such requests too.

I think it would make more sense to post this in Bang and Clatter.

New Thread: "Does anyone have the latest Radiohead bootleg"? :drool:

One thing is would such a forum be as popular as the Music On The Internet main forum? Maybe it IS better to post such requests in B&C, like U2Man says, as long as the forum doesn't get cluttered with these requests!

Well I can just see the B&C people complaining about all the requests.. a subforum perhaps... I would think would be best. The reason I suggest the mp3 forum is because that is already where everyone goes to request mp3s.

Sicy said:
Well I can just see the B&C people complaining about all the requests.. a subforum perhaps... I would think would be best. The reason I suggest the mp3 forum is because that is already where everyone goes to request mp3s.

Another reason why that might be a good place to put it is that you have to be a member in order to even see the MOTI forum. Might reduce an onlsaught of non-U2 fans coming onto interference with no U2 intent at all..:hmm:

Bonochick said:

Banning the links at least shows an effort on Interference's part to not be participating in illegal activity. We aren't trying to "fool anyone". We know it goes on...some illegal, some legal. But we will not allow active links to illegal files on this site. It's a way to protect Interference. Yes, it's not perfect, but it's at least an effort, as opposed to saying, "There's nothing way can do about it," and turning a blind eye.

Yeah. No one wants another Cease and Desist letter. :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom