picture on profile/signature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
alright, I'm a premium member now and I'm trying to figure out how to get my picture I've selected, to post on the left of my message, under my name?
I've also tried to figure out how to get it to post under my signature by putting the URL in my signature box, yet it won't come up.

Please help!

Attachments

• u2halloffame.jpg
    u2halloffame.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 91
User cp

edit options

change avatar (bottom of page)

You can enter an URL of your avatar:
Note: this will be stored locally on the server
paste this link there:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1526/avitj3.jpg

avitj3.jpg
< is what it looks like

for the signature box, you must click edit and preview with the signature editor and use

Ok, since sigs are being talked about here I figure I'll throw this in...

Whenever I edit my sig, going thru CP, and I click that button "edit and preview with signiture editor" nothing happens, I just get taken to an empty blue page.
Does that happen to everyone? Or does it just not like me? :sad:

Oh, I'm confused.

I want to make my own avatar, and I used a program to resize them to 72x72 pixels, but they can't be larger than ... what is it - 7000 bytes?

How do I change the file size of my pictures? They're all the right pixel size, but way too big, size-wise. They're anywhere from 10.8 kb, 15 kb, some are 4.06 kb.

:(

Edit: Okay, so Lisa Simpson was small enough, so I know that 2.something kb is still under 7000 bytes.

What does 7000 bytes translate to, kilobyte-wise?

7kb.

If you use Photoshop do save for web and then you can adjust the kb size as well.

I have some cheapo photo editing program that came with my computer ... I'll see if I can save at a lower quality or something.

Thanks, Sicy!

or just save them with paint, that usually reduces the filesize enough, and with the low pixels you don't see much loss in quality...

My program did allow me to save at a lower quality, and I can only see a difference with one or two of them. Whoot! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom