Organize and Condense

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piercey

Babyface
i was looking for an "general discussion" forum and i found all of these... just make one or 2 and this board wouldn't have everyone spread so thin over a lot of areas.

U2 Gatherings
Plan and discuss U2 gatherings here. Post pics and stories after you meet other members of the forum! A great place to find other local U2 fans as well.

Free Your Mind
This is an off-topic forum. Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events.

Lemonade Stand
Off-topic forum. Drop in, order a glass of lemonade and talk with other U2 fans about what you're listening to, reading, looking at, watching, or a hobby.

Everything You Know Is Wrong
This is the general discussion area, primarily to be used for reactions and thoughts about U2.

It's Official...
This is the Green Room of the board... anything and everything pretty much goes here. Beware
Please include "It's Official" or similar in your thread titles.

The Goal Is Soul
This is a general discussion area about U2 and their faith as found in their lyrics, their own words, as well as books written by others on this subject of their spirituality. Not to be used as a platform for debates on religion.

Piercey~

It looks like you are new to the forums (welcome). The forums are separated into a number of subforums because there was demonstrated need to do so. Free Your Mind and PLEBA are great examples.

FYM: U2 tends to attract fans with strong political and religious beliefs. Other fans simply enjoy the music. (And probably many enjoy both. ;)) In any event, FYM keeps contentious political/social/economic discussions out of the general U2 discussions, so people don't have to sift through the politics to get through the music.

PLEBA: As a group of four reasonably attractive men who are good musicians and have, let us say, interesting accents, U2 no doubt attracts persons who find the band members to be aesthetically and sexually appealing. However, many others do not find the band members to be such, or simply do not care. PLEBA allows for the innocent, youthful, fun chitchat about the band members' aesthetic and sexual appeal without exposing the casual or uninterested fan to some of the more, uh, intense wonderings.

There are similar rationales for other forums, but please keep in mind that Interference is not just a forum--it is a community. Long friendships and working relationships have been born from these forums, and community-building here is almost (maybe even just) as important as compiling knowledge and sparking inquiry about U2. We hope you enjoy your wanderings here, and feel free to drop in and out of the individual forums according to your interests. :)

oh i see your point and agree. but when i want to post a link or say something that i want the majority of the members to see and maybe respond there's not clear area to do so. i feel like i have to post the same thread in 3 or 4 different spots.

the general discussion forum that most people would see is Lemonade Stand.

Piercey said:
oh i see your point and agree. but when i want to post a link or say something that i want the majority of the members to see and maybe respond there's not clear area to do so. i feel like i have to post the same thread in 3 or 4 different spots.

I can agree to an extent that there may be too many forums here.
However, the ones you listed definately need to stay seperate in my opinion. These forums are very busy on their own. Merging one or two or all of them together would cause pure chaos. This board has a LOT of members and we need most of these forums to accomodate.

If you ever want to post a general subject for the general public, Lemonade Stand would probably be the place to do it. It's Official is more for just silly out there non making sense threads.. a place to let loose.

Everything you Know is wrong is strictly for the topic of U2. This forum does fine by itself. You can talk about anything U2 related that you want in this forum.

We also have a rule about posting the same topic in multiple forums.. dont do it. Sorry ;)

JessicaAnn said:
There was a big merger about two years ago ... it was ... interesting. :eyebrow:

ahh... the temporary forum while we moved over to the 'new' forum software...

that was amusing.

Just to throw my 2p in...I actually like that we have so many separate forums. It means that if I don't have much time to check the site one day then I can just look specifically at the forums I'm most interested in without having to sift through 200+ threads on subjects I'm less interested in.

I also think having so many forums is good for the people who maybe don't want to be part of the community here, just want to pop in and look at the latest U2 gossip. I do that on a few other message boards and it would drive me crazy to have to read through the equivalent of PLEBA or IO if all I wanted was news on a new album. (Which isn't to say that I don't love PLEBA and IO, just that if I just wanted to get the latest gossip about a band I wouldn't want to sift through all of that as well.)

So consider this a :up: to the lots of forums. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom