On the subject of alters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I couldn't anything on them in the FAQ, is there anywhere I can go that explains what these are about? I keep hearing about them and people using but I have no idea what they are.

When an existing member creates another username to also use here, that new username is considered an alter. Some people like to do it just for fun, and it isn't meant to be a secret as to who they are. I have a handful of them myself. However, if people create an alter so that they can start trouble and "stir the pot" because they think other members won't know it's them, that's not cool. Some people also use them to hide behind so that they can state what they feel are unpopular opinions without members knowing who they really are, which is also not cool.

Basically, alters are fine for fun, but don't use them to ruffle feathers.

sunbunny00774 said:
Make sure you choose your alter name very cleverly, so no one will know who you really are :whistle:

I bet you are really chizip. :mad:

:wink:

Bonochick said:
When an existing member creates another username to also use here, that new username is considered an alter. Some people like to do it just for fun, and it isn't meant to be a secret as to who they are. I have a handful of them myself. However, if people create an alter so that they can start trouble and "stir the pot" because they think other members won't know it's them, that's not cool. Some people also use them to hide behind so that they can state what they feel are unpopular opinions without members knowing who they really are, which is also not cool.

Basically, alters are fine for fun, but don't use them to ruffle feathers.

Thanks! I didn't know it was a whole different account :lol: I thought it was some ultra-complex thing to do. So does that mean that there is a somewhat significant amount of our 51,000 odd members that are alters?

Just a quick query, I just realised that someone once made an alter nammed COBL_O4 or C0BL_04 as opposed to COBL_04. Is there any chance someone could search for the thread? I know it was regarding a mock Rattle and Hum review.

has anyone seen U2ManIsTooSexy around?

i've always wondered who that was.

Back
Top Bottom