Old fart forum? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 09:06 AM   #1
POP for GIRLS

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Old fart forum?

I would like to suggest an old fart forum. Yes, BAW, 36 is old enough! Hey you wouldn't even have to be old if you wanted to talk about the old days and the old stuff, anyone could join in! It's just that this board is so dominated by 90's fans, I would like to have a place where we can discuss the old days and share all our memories and feelings on what U2 was then and how that affects what they are to us today as opposed to someone who came to like them much later. It seems like all the older fans either fade away or stop posting because this really isn't their type of community, so let's make one! If there is a forum for Radiohead, why not old farts? How about it?

Old 07-20-2002, 11:26 AM   #2
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:12 PM
I don't think a separation of ages is a good idea, personally. EYKIW is for fans of all ages, as are all the other forums.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-20-2002, 08:02 PM   #3
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 11:12 AM
Re: Old fart forum?

Quote:
Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl
I would like to suggest an old fart forum. Yes, BAW, 36 is old enough! Hey you wouldn't even have to be old if you wanted to talk about the old days and the old stuff, anyone could join in! It's just that this board is so dominated by 90's fans, I would like to have a place where we can discuss the old days and share all our memories and feelings on what U2 was then and how that affects what they are to us today as opposed to someone who came to like them much later. It seems like all the older fans either fade away or stop posting because this really isn't their type of community, so let's make one! If there is a forum for Radiohead, why not old farts? How about it?
Old 07-20-2002, 11:10 PM   #4
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I don't want the "old" people to go off on their own!!!!!! Would that mean that "young" people aren't allowed?? I like having everybody together...I don't think it's right to separate people by ages.

Old 07-21-2002, 02:59 AM   #5
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:12 AM

Cute but I dont think so.

You can make old fart threads!
Old 07-21-2002, 06:08 AM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 12:12 PM
But if we have an old farts forum, then we can't discuss and drool all over the POP Era!

*Runs away from here* LOL j/k
Old 07-23-2002, 08:17 AM   #7
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:12 PM

Quote:
so let's make one! If there is a forum for Radiohead, why not old farts? How about it?
maybe the radiohead forum could also serve as the old farts forum
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 07-23-2002, 09:47 AM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I don't want the "old" people to go off on their own!!!!!! Would that mean that "young" people aren't allowed?? I like having everybody together...I don't think it's right to separate people by ages.
Yeah, I agree! We young'uns like some of you old "geezers".
lol
Old 07-23-2002, 10:29 AM   #9
The Fly

Local Time: 07:12 PM

Quote:
Old 07-23-2002, 10:36 AM   #10
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Re: Re: Old fart forum?

Quote:
Originally posted by drgnwolf1969
Sheesh, sweetie, you're quite blunt.

Or are you just sad because it won't be long before people start callin' you an old fart??????

I'm just kidding, honey! Just kidding!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2002, 05:31 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:12 AM
I agree that 35 and above aged interferencers feel cut off, so I'd give a thumbs up to an old farts forum. Young farts can always 'intrude' on them; I'm sure the oldies would welcome them.

foray
Old 07-26-2002, 07:54 PM   #12
POP for GIRLS

Quote:
Originally posted by DoTheEvolution
But if we have an old farts forum, then we can't discuss and drool all over the POP Era!

*Runs away from here* LOL j/k
I have nothing against young people. I'm just trying to find a little peace and avoid crap like this, see? 'Some people' are just hell bent on being shitty and thinking they're cool. SIGH. 'A certain person' must be very bored this summer.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:07 PM   #13
POP for GIRLS

Quote:
Originally posted by foray
I agree that 35 and above aged interferencers feel cut off, so I'd give a thumbs up to an old farts forum. Young farts can always 'intrude' on them; I'm sure the oldies would welcome them.

foray
Yes, thank you! Bonochick, it's not like we're seperating the ages because we'd still be together EVERYWHERE else! It's just that a certain personality takes over almost every forum and thread, and it would be so nice to have a place where we could just, not, be that way all the time. I have seen the older fans here either leave or hardly ever post because of the atmosphere, attitude and sense of humor that prevails sometimes makes some feel unwecome and afraid to post.

I do think old fans need a special clubhouse here. When you're old, and you've loved this band longer than most of the people here have been alive or out of diapers, there are just, it's hard to explain, a certain bond between us, each other, and the band who are our age.

I know there are lots of young ones who are very mature and cool and like the old stuff and are interested in the old days and they'd be welcome. When I was young way back when, I loved hearing old farts tell of a time I wasn't around or didn't get to experience. It doesn't have to be just old, but old at heart I guess. Still, I'm sure the BEALs and Monicas would still sneak in and do things thinking they're funny and ruin it, so it's probably pointless after all. SIGH.

I still think it's a good idea. If I made my own old fart message board, would anyone come by sometime?

Gypsy the old grump
Old 07-27-2002, 08:53 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:12 AM
Let's take away redundant forums (fora?) like U2 Poopaganda and have an old farts corner. Maybe this is why of all 6000 members only 12 people post.

foray
Old 07-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #15
POP for GIRLS

Quote:
Originally posted by foray
Let's take away redundant forums (fora?) like U2 Poopaganda and have an old farts corner. Maybe this is why of all 6000 members only 12 people post.

foray
Right on! That's true, of the almost 7000 users few post. Maybe we could use one of the forums no one ever goes to for days. It would be put to much better use as an old fart community forum.