Old fart forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GypsyHeartgirl

POP for GIRLS
I would like to suggest an old fart forum. Yes, BAW, 36 is old enough! Hey you wouldn't even have to be old if you wanted to talk about the old days and the old stuff, anyone could join in! It's just that this board is so dominated by 90's fans, I would like to have a place where we can discuss the old days and share all our memories and feelings on what U2 was then and how that affects what they are to us today as opposed to someone who came to like them much later. It seems like all the older fans either fade away or stop posting because this really isn't their type of community, so let's make one! If there is a forum for Radiohead, why not old farts? How about it?

I don't think a separation of ages is a good idea, personally. EYKIW is for fans of all ages, as are all the other forums. :)

:up:

GypsyHeartgirl said:
I would like to suggest an old fart forum. Yes, BAW, 36 is old enough! Hey you wouldn't even have to be old if you wanted to talk about the old days and the old stuff, anyone could join in! It's just that this board is so dominated by 90's fans, I would like to have a place where we can discuss the old days and share all our memories and feelings on what U2 was then and how that affects what they are to us today as opposed to someone who came to like them much later. It seems like all the older fans either fade away or stop posting because this really isn't their type of community, so let's make one! If there is a forum for Radiohead, why not old farts? How about it?

I don't want the "old" people to go off on their own!!!!!! Would that mean that "young" people aren't allowed?? I like having everybody together...I don't think it's right to separate people by ages.

GypsyHeartgirl said:
so let's make one! If there is a forum for Radiohead, why not old farts? How about it?
maybe the radiohead forum could also serve as the old farts forum

GypsyHeartgirl said:
:down: :down:

Re: Re: Old fart forum?

drgnwolf1969 said:

Sheesh, sweetie, you're quite blunt. :p :D

Or are you just sad because it won't be long before people start callin' you an old fart?????? :lol: :D

I'm just kidding, honey! Just kidding!!!!!!! :D

I agree that 35 and above aged interferencers feel cut off, so I'd give a thumbs up to an old farts forum. Young farts can always 'intrude' on them; I'm sure the oldies would welcome them.

foray

DoTheEvolution said:
But if we have an old farts forum, then we can't discuss and drool all over the POP Era!:silent: :ohmy: :evil: :eeklaugh:

*Runs away from here* LOL j/k :D

I have nothing against young people. I'm just trying to find a little peace and avoid crap like this, see? 'Some people' are just hell bent on being shitty and thinking they're cool. SIGH. 'A certain person' must be very bored this summer. :yawn:

Last edited:
foray said:
I agree that 35 and above aged interferencers feel cut off, so I'd give a thumbs up to an old farts forum. Young farts can always 'intrude' on them; I'm sure the oldies would welcome them.

foray

Yes, thank you! Bonochick, it's not like we're seperating the ages because we'd still be together EVERYWHERE else! It's just that a certain personality takes over almost every forum and thread, and it would be so nice to have a place where we could just, not, be that way all the time. I have seen the older fans here either leave or hardly ever post because of the atmosphere, attitude and sense of humor that prevails sometimes makes some feel unwecome and afraid to post.

I do think old fans need a special clubhouse here. When you're old, and you've loved this band longer than most of the people here have been alive or out of diapers, there are just, it's hard to explain, a certain bond between us, each other, and the band who are our age.

I know there are lots of young ones who are very mature and cool and like the old stuff and are interested in the old days and they'd be welcome. When I was young way back when, I loved hearing old farts tell of a time I wasn't around or didn't get to experience. It doesn't have to be just old, but old at heart I guess. Still, I'm sure the BEALs and Monicas would still sneak in and do things thinking they're funny and ruin it, so it's probably pointless after all. SIGH.

I still think it's a good idea. If I made my own old fart message board, would anyone come by sometime?

Gypsy the old grump:grumpy:

Last edited:
Let's take away redundant forums (fora?) like U2 Poopaganda and have an old farts corner. Maybe this is why of all 6000 members only 12 people post.

foray

foray said:
Let's take away redundant forums (fora?) like U2 Poopaganda and have an old farts corner. Maybe this is why of all 6000 members only 12 people post.

foray

Right on! That's true, of the almost 7000 users few post. Maybe we could use one of the forums no one ever goes to for days. It would be put to much better use as an old fart community forum.

RufusYoungblood said:
Older fans generally have less free time on their hands. Work/Family.. etc.

True.

I don't think the board needs an "OLD FARTS" forum. You know what will happen? People who are not "OLD FARTS" will still go there and stuff. And it's not fair to seperate people like that. I mean should we have a YOUNG PEOPLE FORUM? So young people can discuss the 90's U2? :huh: It's stupid. Just my opinion.

Salome said:
we already have that

I don't think we do. Everytime there's a discussion on 90's U2 certain people, always make it into some sort or argument. :huh: Well, everything turns into an argument but you get the idea. If there was a forum just to discuss 90's U2 there wouldn't be any arguments, ok, maybe there would but not as much.

I still think this OLD FARTS forum is a dumb idea. :huh:

yes that would be great!!

:yes: count me in on the "old farts" forum...I'm 36 and it would be nice to discuss U2 "back in the day" with others who are mid 30's and up, although I certainly am not saying we'd exclude the "young-uns" if they wished to participate,they could too but it'd be nice to have an old farts "hangout" LOL

GypsyHeartGirl ... ghost of *POP*era is coming for ya

Boo !

34.jpg

:censored: :wave: :macdevil: :dance: :shame: :hug: :laugh:

Last edited:
Re: GypsyHeartGirl ... ghost of *POP*era is coming for ya

pinkfloyd said:

I seriously hope you were joking. If not, you really need to grow up. That is not cool at all. :shame:

just a j0ke , i dont' want that separation of people into " oldies " and " youngsters , not right , uhuh .

Not just old.( I don't fart..ever:D) but boring too.....is that allowed?

Can I have a forum just for people who are 41?
me and:bono: and:edge: :wave:

I only visit 2 forums (well 3, if you count PTUP as separate from LS) I certainly wouldn't mind a 3rd that had an inviting feel to it, which hopefully a mature-age area would create.
I think some of the responses to this thread already show that it would be difficult to operate, but I agree about the need for a place for the "oldies".
I don't know what that photograph of Bono and POP has to do with anything. If you noticed (doubt it) I don't participate in the "when were they best" polls. They have always filled my heart with love and desire, since day one.....and the best is yet to come....a little bird told me that:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom