Old "CP" option for thread subscriptions & notifications?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Love the new board!

My one question: on the old board, I would click the "CP" button in the upper-right hand corner to subscribe to a thread, and then each time I logged in my own Control Panel would have the latest thread updates.

Now, I'm getting e-mails to my main e-mail account every time someone posts in a thread I'm subscribed to. I don't want to be getting e-mails every time someone posts a new reply in a thread to which I've subscribed.

How can I change this back to the old way?

Please help.

Thank you.

Go to your usercp
View all subscribed threads
checkmark the boxes next to them
scroll down and select
no email notification

To subscribe to a new thread, in your reply section select the notification type you want.

I will ask about how to subscribe like we used to via control panel notification, not sure if it can be done though.

To subscribe to a new thread, in your reply section select the notification type you want.

I will ask about how to subscribe like we used to via control panel notification, not sure if it can be done though.

So, for now we can only subscribe to a thread we post in?
Sometimes you just want to subscribe without posting, just reading and coming back to said thread.
So the control panel notification would be nice :)

It must be hell for you these days Sicy, we appreciate what you're all doing :love:

lol, I already forgot to subscribe to this one.

But if I hit 'no email notification', will this topic still be added to my subscription list??

I don't want to get flooded with notification e-mails :sigh:

edit: I checked the list and got the answer right there ;)

You can subscribe to any thread by using the drop down box at the top of every thread called "Tread Tools". Then you can select the "Subscribe to This Thread" option and you will then be subscribed to that thread. You will then be taken to a page where you define how you want to subscribe (email, no email, etc.) you can even organize your subscriptions into folders if you want.

To view your subscriptions you can go to your UserCP you will see any updated threads right there on the bottom of the UserCP home page. If you don't any threads that have been update it will be blank. To see all the subscriptions you will want to go the List Subscriptions section and there you can see all your subscriptions and manage them (change from email notification to no notification, etc.

There is no way to add threads subscriptions from the UserCP. You would need to know the thread ID, etc if the feature did exist, so you can just use the drop down when you are on the thread for that anyway. That's not a feature this new software has.

Attachments

• subscribe to thread.gif
    subscribe to thread.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 45
I had done a quick reply to test it out, and it didn't subscribe me, so I'm sure it has to do with settings. Try checking this...

Go to your User CP.

On the left, select Edit Options.

Look at the second section called Messaging & Notification. Do you have your Default Thread Subscription Mode as "Do not subscribe"? That's what mine is on. Not positive that is the answer you need, but it's worth a shot!

You can subscribe to any thread by using the drop down box at the top of every thread called "Tread Tools". Then you can select the "Subscribe to This Thread" option and you will then be subscribed to that thread. You will then be taken to a page where you define how you want to subscribe (email, no email, etc.) you can even organize your subscriptions into folders if you want.

Thanks, that is indeed easy :)

To view your subscriptions you can go to your UserCP you will see any updated threads right there on the bottom of the UserCP home page. If you don't any threads that have been update it will be blank. To see all the subscriptions you will want to go the List Subscriptions section and there you can see all your subscriptions and manage them (change from email notification to no notification, etc.

I did find this on my own lol.
On the user CP home page, I find the new threads (since the renewal) and there I can unsubscribe as well, which is :up:

BUT, here is my question: how do I unsubscribe threads in my List subscriptions?? I don't see that option there :help:

Thanks, that is indeed easy :)

BUT, here is my question: how do I unsubscribe threads in my List subscriptions?? I don't see that option there :help:

After you select the thread you can choose to "delete subscription" in the dropdown at the bottom. :)

deletesub.jpg

No limit that I know of.

One thing that might make it a little easier, if you have a ton of threads subscribed....If you click that box at the top by "Notification" it will select them all on that page at once.

notification.jpg

Back
Top Bottom