Notice: Site Maintenance Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Forum Administrator
We will be doing some work on the servers tonight started around 9:00 pm CST (GMT -6 hours). We will be closing the site down during this work so you will see a site down message while it's going on. The downtime could up to 4-6 hours but we hope it will be much shorter. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Andy

It's not maintenance. Forum has been having some server troubles lately.

Ok, thank you. It's just that I initially saw the "Server Too Busy" notification a couple of times and then later on after some time of slow browsing, a message that indicated that the boards were closed for maintenance. That led me to believe that you guys were doing some tweaking or something. :up:

I don't know where else to put this, so I hope this is right.

Ever since the forum down time the other day, things have changed. It used to be that whenever I'd look at the "New Posts" section it would include ALL the new posts for days and days. Now it only includes the new posts since I was last here. Just because I was here, doesn't mean I'm reading every single thread that I want to.

Also, when I click on the button to go to the first new post in a thread, it now goes to the newest post today, not the first newest post that I haven't read yet. It's not that big of a deal, but it's annoying, because now I can't rely on that button to put me back to where I was last reading.

And one more thing, threads are being marked as read every time I leave the forum and come back, even though I haven't read them yet.

Is this a new thing, or can it be fixed to go back to the way it was?

Thanks.

We've been doing some server work and hope to have this resolved quickly. :)

Back
Top Bottom