NOTICE: Downtime on Wednesday Morning (Software Upgrades)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Forum Administrator
Hey everyone,

I just realized that I had not posted a public announcement about the downtime that we will have on Wednesday for the software upgrade. We have a LOT of software to upgrade so it's going to take a good 8 hours to get everything upgraded and dialed in so we can reopen.

The plan right now is to close the site around 4:00 am PST. We hope to have the site back on around 12:00 pm PST (8 hours). In an effort to reduce downtime we will open up the boards as soon as possible even though we know there are various things to keep tweaking. We will then keep working for a few days tweaking all the odds and ends and should be in pretty good shape by the weekend.

I think it would be awesome if we could use the time you normally were here to help us find amazing sites on the web that promote social responsibility. Then when we open up you can post links for me to use in a section on great resources on the web. Social Responsibility sites would be sites or blogs that cover issues like environmentally friendly topics, people helping other people, social activism and other things that can help us be better members of our global society.

Of course I don't know how many of you will handle a 1/2 day without your Blue Crack so please stay sane. We will have the improved crack ready for you soon.

Thanks for your patience and feedback during this evolutionary phase. It's going to be a lot of fun!

Regards,

Andy

That works for me -- on Wednesday I'll be doing honest labour for a change and won't be online anyway. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing the new features that evening. :yes:

Andy R said:

Of course I don't know how many of you will handle a 1/2 day without your Blue Crack so please stay sane. We will have the improved crack ready for you soon.

:lol: :drool:

Can't waaaaaaaaaait

That's awesome, could someone please tell me these times in AEST? :D

I'm gunna have a guess and say PST stands for Pacific Standard Time... is that right???

Also Andy, do you reckon that maybe once all the changes have been completed, maybe you could post a thread or something alerting everyone to them, how to use them, what it has replaced etc?

PST = Pacific Standard Time in the United States. That's the same time California is on.

Once we upgrade we will post many tutorials as we get each new feature dialed in.

:sad: do you guys have to do it on my only day off in the week?

:hmm: so what's that in GMT... I think it'd be evening here or something...

As one of the guys who will be moving things, I would say 8 hours will be the worst case scenario.. I have done a test move three times and was able to do it the last two tries in about 3-4 hours. But, you never know when moving data. Sometimes the smallest things will creep in and stall you for a bit.

Just a quick note to say hi.... I've been hanging around behind the curtain for a few weeks with Andy and Jeff and will be around to help answer questions after the upgrade.

I've helped Andy in the past with upgrades will be around to help with questions over the next few days.

Learning to love blue....

:wave:

I can't believe no one posted this yet. :giggle:

:rockon: Viva Interference!
F*ck the past... Kiss The Future!!
Viva!! :rockon:

:nerd: I'd just like to take this opportunity to welcome the new staff to our fantastic community. I hope you enjoy your (long) stay.

EDIT: Of course! How could I forget!!:reject:
A big big thank you to Elvis! I'll never forget you and how much time and work and love you've put into Interference.
I wish you all the best!

Last edited:
What happens when blue crack goes down?

denial-and-the-coming-data-meltdown.jpg

My bomb shelter needs more canned cheeseburgers, asap.

Back
Top Bottom