Not On Google!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarvark

Acrobat
I was telling a friend about the site the other day. I told him to go to google and look 4 hits down. But he told me it was not there.

It is true for me too...The search for "U2" which used to have this site at the near top yeilds no mention of the site!

What happened?

Very strange :scratch: I searched there under u2, looked at the first 20 pages, and nothing came up with the interference address in it...

We are the 3rd hit if you search for U2 on yahoo though :up:

Apparently I had put some code in the main page that was not within 'Google's Webmaster Guidelines'. I wish they'd give you a chance to fix it before they 'punish' you for not following their 'rules'. Needless to say, Interference may be absent from Google for a few weeks.

One interesting note, by looking at our server/log stats... it doesnt indicate that our traffic has been hurt at all.... REALLY strange.

actually in some ways i'm kinda glad we're not on google...cuz even journals used to be in google. that's how my mom found mine one time...she googled one of my websites and my interference journal came up :giggle:

I used to be the third hit for "ali hewson" and just tried and my site isn't showing up on Google either. Elvis, what code are they not allowing and where did you find out how to fix it?

Just read their 'webmaster guidelines' and if you dont break any of their rules, you're fine.

Elvis said:
Just read their 'webmaster guidelines' and if you dont break any of their rules, you're fine.

Hm....don't think so. Those rules are really ambiguous anyway. My site was listed third a few days ago, now it doesn't show up, and I haven't made any changes. Oh well. :shrug:

Google is getting very strict, as they are trying to combat web-spam.... unfortunately, some code I was trying out apparently matched what they consider possible spam :| oops.

Back
Top Bottom