Not a HUG-smilie Kinda Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. BAW

ONE love, blood, life
Sometimes when someone writes that they need a lift, something has happened in their life, etc., the first reaction is for everyone to :hug:...I really don't dig that smilie 'cause I might not be close to the poster and a hug is just too personal...

how about a "praying hands" if they're asking for prayers; maybe something else that shows support short of a hug....any thoughts....

pray.gif
pray2.gif

?

Mr. BAW said:
I really don't dig that smilie 'cause I might not be close to the poster and a hug is just too personal...

lol, Mr Baw, are you joking? its not exactly an actual, physical wrapping of arms around someone's middle. i know that i've certainly never used it to imply that i literally want to embrace someone. its just an emoticon people use to show support or when they don't know what else to say.

Bonochick said:
If you were to add one, I prefer the first one.

The second one does seem a bit over the top, but, honestly, I can't even tell what the first one is doing (had I stumbled across it and not seen this thread).

So, merely because I can understand it, my vote is for #2.

Melon

Popmartijn said:
:noncontacthug:

That reminds me of the :heterosexualmanhug: from the European setlist parties. It needs to be made into a proper smiley. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom