Non-Premiums Creating Polls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
I think this would be a great thing to be open to everyone. It makes any contest done, especially the Desert Island ones in B&C, a lot easier. I know when I initially wanted to do the 2nd contest, I thought I'd be able to post the new threads with polls, when I found out I couldn't, Axver or another premium member had to step up and do it. It was a big inconvenience for everyone, myself including, and I hope that doesn't happen for anyone else again. What do you think about it?

This is one I agree should be available to everyone. To me posting polls pretty much falls under basic use of a message board. :yes:

It's true. I would abuse this feature completely.

My first poll would ask what kinds of polls I should make.

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
Well Uberbeaver is premium and nobody bugs him about abusing the privilege.........:wink:

:lol:

I dunno...I think that a non-premium account should really only be able to read & post. All the extra stuff would be incentive to become premium. Individually, things like PMs, the 15-second rule, polls, etc., aren't a huge thing...it seems like no big deal to make one a free feature. But when you take one or two off, there's much less incentive to become a premium member. Would anyone join if the only benefits left were the 15-second rule and seeing who ignores you? It's the whole bloc of PMs, 15-second rule, polls, seeing profiles, and whatever else, that would make someone think about it.

Dude, when I was in high school & college, I was poor. Now that I'm paying an exorbitant Washington, DC rent and other crap, I'm still poor. But I don't think $18 bucks--for an entire year--is such a bad deal if you're interested in either the extra features or in supporting a site you like. I made $18 in middle school after delivering newspapers for like two days. It's the same cost as a magazine subscription---not too bad. It's the same cost as going out to eat once---really not so bad. If someone has three or more posts a day, likes a site, and wants a couple of extra features, it's not really a bad deal.

Last edited:
indra said:
This is one I agree should be available to everyone. To me posting polls pretty much falls under basic use of a message board. :yes:

Exactly :up:

elevated_u2_fan said:

With regards to membership, I know we have allot of younger members who do not have Credit Cards available as well.

I forget, are there other ways of paying for a membership?

:yes:

You can send a check or money order to Elvis.

martha said:
Non-premiums getting all the premium perks with having to pay for them?

Sure. :|

I understand what you mean, but I think polls are something that is more necessary for every member....like LMP said, if someone needed to take Axver's place in the Desert Island lists (for example...) it would be much more conveniant. And there are still a lot of benefits of being premium.

martha said:

Just about every thread in the part is suggesting that non-preems get something that premiums get.

Premium benefits aren't going to become non-premium... so no worries.

If anything new features (some from suggestions) will be things that are added to the forum, but borrowed from the Premium list.

Creating polls did get abused by the general membership which is why it was included in the list of Premium features.

martha said:

Just about every thread in the part is suggesting that non-preems get something that premiums get.

That bit is wrong, because premiums should get more amenities than normal members, but to me, polls seem like a general ability for any board.

Now that Elvis said why it's not a non-premium feature, I totally understand. I was just wondering why it wasn't one.

LemonMacPhisto said:

polls seem like a general ability for any board.

The ability to add polls, have signatures, use search and send private messages is a general ability for any board, with the great exception of Interference.

Utoo said:

:. Individually, things like PMs, the 15-second rule, polls, etc., aren't a huge thing...it seems like no big deal to make one a free feature. .

I feel that there are only certain features that are a true incentive to become premium, namely PMs, searching, and sigs, the rest is all just little extras. I know those were the things that I really wanted.
Polls on the other hand, I really couldn't care less about - certainly not a selling feature. I think it really is just something that everyone should have access to, like posting. It would at least save trouble of members/mods having to creat polls for others.
Heck, I'm premium and I don't think I've made a single poll...:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom