no images are showing up for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ILuvLarryMullen

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Today when i came online no images that are stored on interfence's server are working for me. No avatar, smilies, of even most of the different button-things like Post, reply, quote, etc. They are all red x's. People's sigs and anything else linked from somewhere else still show up. The forum was doing weird things for me last night too, but different weird things that have now gone away.

HELP!!!!

Do you have Norton Security installed on your machine? Or some other firewall protection? :der:

I updated my windows update (browser etc) and at home I get a lot of red X's for images here too :angry:

my mom put this stupid firewall thing on it, but that was like a week ago and I go to other forums with no problem and I exited out of the program

I think interference has a conflict with that.. not sure though. :der:

hmmm, now that the forum's back up, everything is normal for me and I didn't do anything to my computer *eyebrow* interference is posessed me thinks.

Sometimes my computer gets like that where NO images will show up on any site, even the yahoo logo :huh: When I reboot they always come back. It's a weird phemomenon I guess. It usually happens when I'm looking at lots of pics at once (like long PLEBA pic threads) Everything goes, the pics don't just go red x, the avatars and sigs just disappear into blank space! NO website will have any images until I reboot:huh:

i think i figured out what was wrong. The firewall is a free trial and when you start up the computer there's this try it or buy it dialog box. If I just exited it by clicking the x in the corner it didn't close down the program completely I think. Interference will only work right if I let the program start by clicking try it and then later exiting out of it by right clicking on the icon down on the bottom right of the tool bar

so I guess it was the firewall after all :huh:

Back
Top Bottom