New Section-Causes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whiteflag

The Fly
Its been brought up in the forum lately that we don't use our power enough to affect change. We spent alot of energy getting B-Day played on the radio, why not create a special area on the forum where we could concentrate organizing our activities to really accomplish something (Not that the work for BD was wasted
wink.gif
). I was thinking of collecting representatives addresses in general, then individual posters could (re)issue calls for action or alert others to new issues. A concerted, continuous action for causes like Jubilee or Amnesty could be really powerful and effective especially since these causes still don't seem to get the attention they so richly deserve.

Think about it, ok?

Thanks

whiteflag

------------------
There is but one flag...

[This message has been edited by whiteflag (edited 09-29-2000).]

Oh Whiteflag I hadn't seen this post until I was getting ready to sleep.
I couldn't agree with you more on this issue. As many people as we have in here we can really do the small stuff like you said in my post "all we have to do is type". I mean just typing an email address to let others know that we care has got to be pretty easy.
I am so thankful so many times you and Lovetown have refused to let my Amnesty thread die, Alisaura bought it back up this morning too. It just makes me so emotional.
We've got to let people read Amnesty's stories and JustJavier one of our loved members in this forum, use to write for Amnesty and now has his own MP3 site with his music that will remind many of Victor Jara who we all know was loved by Bono and immortalized on One Tree Hill...
We'll keep doing stuff like this...

------------------
Join Amnesty International's October Campaign Against Torture..Read my post on signing the petition.

Back
Top Bottom