New Premium / Non-Premium Membership Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've found you have to hit the New Posts button again instead of refresh. And if you've just posted in a thread that thread won't show up among the New Posts until someone else posts in it.

Yeah, I know. It's just weird behaviour in my eyes. I would expect that you could use the Refresh button to see the new posts. And that you would see all posts, without excluding the ones I posted in. That would be standard behaviour in my eyes.
Then again, I'm wearing glasses, so that might say something about my eyes...
:wink:

OMG, an Arcade!! And you have Simon!

I'm kind of glad we non-premium folks are limited to 10 games per day. I might waste too much time playing otherwise.

:applaud:

sounds good to me!

except :uhoh:I don't even know what half these features are !! :huh::huh::lol:

Ooooo very :hyper: :bow: happy to have some PM capabilty! (IF I read that correctly- it's near the end of my puter time and I JUST saw this announcement!)

But :yikes: runs to her CP to see if anything was deleted, having never been able to open them in the first place!

I'm planning to go premium soon anyway! :D

:huh::huh:

since I am over my limit on IM's but have never been able to open it till now...HOW DO I DELETE the ones I want to delete after reading???

I quickly looked byut didn't see a button etc. :huh::der:

:help::help::help:

From the 'list messages' view you can check mark the ones you want to delete then scroll to the bottom of the page and select delete.

Attachments

• deletepms.jpg
    deletepms.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 41
Or in the actual message you are reading, at the bottom you can delete it.

Attachments

• deletemessage.jpg
    deletemessage.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 51
Yeah, I know. It's just weird behaviour in my eyes. I would expect that you could use the Refresh button to see the new posts. And that you would see all posts, without excluding the ones I posted in. That would be standard behaviour in my eyes.
Then again, I'm wearing glasses, so that might say something about my eyes...

I know what you mean -- I still want to hit the refresh button to see new posts. And I still catch myself wondering where the thread I just looked at or posted in went. :lol:

Generally I like the changes here, but I liked the way the old version handled New Posts better. ...Ok I have to admit I liked the old Journals better than the new Blogs too. But neither one is a deal breaker and I'm getting used to them.

Bah.. the old journals were sooooooooooooo boring with 0 features.

Bah.. the old journals were sooooooooooooo boring with 0 features.

:grumpy:

It's not so much the blogs themselves, but how they are displayed/listed that I find less pleasing. I really liked the list of the 100 most recent journal entries and I kinda miss it. :(

(of course I'll live :) )

FYI I've upgraded the Premium Membership FAQs thread with some information regarding paying for premium for other members. It has to be done a certain way now.

http://forum.interference.com/f235/premium-membership-faqs-most-common-questions-answers-171663.html

Can I pay for premium membership for another member?
If you'd like to purchase premium membership for another member, please to not use the payment link as this will just upgrade your own account for another year. You must send a payment manually to paypal[at]socialknowledge.net and include the username of the member you wish to pay for. Then pm Sicy or Andy with the paypal transaction ID number/details and member name so that we can properly update the subscriptions.

Just thought I'd ask this here...

Is there a way to edit comments when posting a message to someone's profile? I don't see that there is now, but maybe there will be in the future?

I'm suddenly not a premium member even though I'm fairly sure I don't expire until January. WTF, gang?

Andy was cleaning up some premiums last week, you should still be good for the extension he had added when the forum changed over. I've sent you a pm.

Non premiums can upload attachments upto 25 MB, right?

But we can't see any of them?? :scratch: what's the point exactly?
Good point. We are reviewing the premium offering and determining the best way to bring value to our supporting members. I will talk about this with the team. I guess for now you could upload images that the premiums could see?!?

Good point. We are reviewing the premium offering and determining the best way to bring value to our supporting members. I will talk about this with the team. I guess for now you could upload images that the premiums could see?!?

thanks for your reply Andy, but I'd rather upload attachments to photobucket or something similar. (for everyone to see) ;)
I've never used the attachtment feature anyway, but now I'm no longer premium, I remember how awkward I felt when I couldn't see anything others attached :wink:

NON-PREMIUM MEMBERS
Can attach files or pictures to posts
Upload Space for Attachments = 25MB

Might want to correct this...Hate to drill it home, but Premiums should be able to attach, everyone to see...That is a decent benefit for Premiums as they can simply use this service (not having to use off site host like photobucket), and as it stands now, if I was premium and knew no one but premiums could see attachments, I wouldn't use it.

Might want to correct this...Hate to drill it home, but Premiums should be able to attach, everyone to see...That is a decent benefit for Premiums as they can simply use this service (not having to use off site host like photobucket), and as it stands now, if I was premium and knew no one but premiums could see attachments, I wouldn't use it.
Excellent point. I've never attached anything for this very reason. It may be easier and faster to use the attach feature, but I don't use it, because I'd consider it rude to knowingly post something that so many members wouldn't be able to see.

This is going to be awesome.
Macrumors has this and I love it.

nice job Andy.
it is awesome, i love it. speaking from a mod standpoint, it's a great way to keep tabs on everything. from a member standpoint, i prefer using the feature to tell if anyone's replying to a specific thread. it'll be insane when the setlist parties start up again!

Excellent point. I've never attached anything for this very reason. It may be easier and faster to use the attach feature, but I don't use it, because I'd consider it rude to knowingly post something that so many members wouldn't be able to see.
or you could use it knowing some people couldn't see the picture :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom