New Forum Questions/comments - Discuss Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Polls?

Theres about a billion polls in the main forum and in Lemonade Stand...................... :eyebrow: :confused:

I don't like the 20 minute time limit you have set on correcting posts. Often, there are silly typos or grammatical errors that I'm sure we'd all like to correct in our posts - but only notice them after reviewing the thread later in the day. Also, sometimes a person may write one thing and then decide that it's not exactly what he/she meant or that he/she is afraid that those words will stir up some controversy. So, they want to edit them. But with this rather silly 20 minute time limitation, these types of corrections can't be made.

If there is one thing I miss from the old forum, it's this.

I STRONGLY ask all moderators and administrators to reconsider this 20 minute rule for editing option. At least give people a few hours!

You should review your post before you post.. and right after you post for typos.

WildHoneyAlways said:
All of a sudden I can't see anyone's sig's...can I fix this?

it's probably a setting you disabled. under "user cp," go to "edit options."

on that page, go to the section "thread view options." there's one saying "show user's signature in their posts?" and if it's clicked no, then you won't see them. you might've clicked no on it. :)

I know someone mentioned the logout button but can you put it in more places than just the one in the corner on the forum index page? I keep forgetting to log out.

sharky said:
I keep forgetting to log out.

Is it necessary to log out???

Coz I've never logged out before :)
I only read the forum on my puter at home... so do I have to log out or do I just have to close the window?

L

You have to log out. Forum is cookie based so if you just close the window you'll still be logged in.

I've asked Elvis to make more spots to log out.

Pics for our profile......

:scratch: Ok, I just read thru the 7 pages in this thread and I didn't find this question. OR maybe it was there and I'm too lame-o to have realized it.

Can you post pics from your hard drive to put in your profile??? I know you can do them as attachments in posts, but how about for the user profile pic?

Thanks.

:eek:

Oh, also, I NEVER log out, is that not good?? Should I log out whenever I leave because I'm off and on Interference all day long.

Last edited:
It looks like you can only post from a website to your profile. If you need it uploaded I can do it for you and give you a url.

You should log out everytime you leave interference.
I tested it by just closing my browsers then going to my co-workers computer to see if it said I was online, and it did.

pub crawler said:
I have to go into edit options every time i log on to get the time showing correctly. Any suggestions?

I'll have to ask Elvis about this.
Thats strange.

First, the new forum is simply amazing! It's ALOT of cool things, useful things that makes the posting and communicating easy. Its design is nice and easy and your post are personal with the sigs and photos (even if I hate the big ones) What also amazes me is that even if I often is on a modem it's not bothering slow despite all pics and stuff.

Ok, on to a question. :) As far as I have seen it hasn't been asked and I haven't found a feature for it so, Is it possible to list threads that has new posts since you last updated?
Ex, I check the forums then I go away and come back 20 min later, now I would like a feature that enables me to check "threads with new messages". When I've read and checked the interesting I should be able to mark them as read so the next time I do the same only threads with new messages show up. Know what I mean? This is instead of checking every forum seperatly each time. :)

I think I've found one that works if you log out and when you log in the next time you can check it. But are you at work, like me I don't log out all the time but are logged in during my working hours and check the forum as soon as I get a free minute (or steal one :D )

By the way, I LOVE the feature that I can have my own time zone, so much easier to follow new posts. Thanks!

Ok, I think that was it, for now.

On the main page there's a spot you can click "View new Posts" and it will list all the new posts since your last visit.

Hmm, well it says my last visit was June 4th, which is NOT true so if I click there I will get about 2000 threads. :tongue:

And actually it still says june 4th even if I log out and then log in again so then a question appears what I need to get that updated, my last visit.

So my main question still remains... :)

MissZooropa said:
Hmm, well it says my last visit was June 4th, which is NOT true so if I click there I will get about 2000 threads. :tongue:

And actually it still says june 4th even if I log out and then log in again so then a question appears what I need to get that updated, my last visit.

So my main question still remains... :)

Ok thats very odd, it says I last visited on June 17th.

So not true.. lol.

:scratch:

Oila!!!

I found it!! :D :D

I played around a little with the buttons and if you click "mark all forums as read", at the top, to the right on the main page then your "last visit" gets updated and if you THEN click "see new posts" you get them listed since you last marked all forums and when checked them through you can mark all as read once again at the bottom of the page.

The only thing is that they are listed in date order and not by forum so it's a bit confusing but maybe that's changeable. :)

We got rid of it.

It wasnt getting much traffic plus we decided that people will want to post polls anyway in various forums per their forum descriptions.. so it really didnt serve much of a purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom