New Forum Questions/comments - Discuss Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:

Hmm.. um.. I dont believe you can upload an image from your computer in your signature. I believe it has to be on the web.. so [ /img] etc..[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, you [i]can[/i] upload from your computer. :drool:

First of all, cool new forum, its really really cool, thanks for all the hard work to everyone involved.

Just a couple of things (not particularly whinges, I hope!)
-The Post/Reply buttons are kind of unclear, first time I posted I hard to look for them for ages before I found them :confused: - but then I'm just a bit slow... but all the other functions like quote/edit etc are much clearer now :)

-Thought the threads in Elvis Ate America could've been left until they died out naturally maybe (?) minor point anyway, I'm sure we'll all get over it :laugh:

I really like most of the new features though, especially, the "last post" bit, and local time, and of course funky avatars :)

overall very cool :) Well Done!

Last edited:
bono_man said:
Can I have my Thom's Bitch status thingy back or something even more complimentary?

Miss Goddess? Dont make me bitch now!:p

Sicy I hope you can help me with this one. What do all the different envelopes mean? In the forums, where the threads are listed by title, they all have a different envelope. Just wondering what each type is for.
Is it possible for you to put a pic with the meanings? Slow is me remember lol

Thankya :)

cloudimani said:
-The Post/Reply buttons are kind of unclear, first time I posted I hard to look for them for ages before I found them :confused: - but then I'm just a bit slow... but all the other functions like quote/edit etc are much clearer now :)

Those will be fixed.

-Thought the threads in Elvis Ate America could've been left until they died out naturally maybe (?) minor point anyway, I'm sure we'll all get over it :laugh:

Supposably Elvis is going to move that forum over here.

:D

Angela Harlem said:
Sicy I hope you can help me with this one. What do all the different envelopes mean? In the forums, where the threads are listed by title, they all have a different envelope. Just wondering what each type is for.
Is it possible for you to put a pic with the meanings? Slow is me remember lol

Thankya :)

Highlight your mouse over them and it should tell you what they mean!

Pic with the meanings? I'm not sure I'm followin ya here.. :confused:

It says at the bottom of the page what the envelopes mean. I think that the ones with the little seals on them though mean that you replied somewhere in the thread...I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Oh THOSE envelopes! * rubs eyes. ok its early. lol.

Yeah what Bonochick said. But I told Elvis I want our flaming red folders back so we'll see. :D

One more thing Sicy. When you post a Reply , what does the "Close Current Tag" and "Close All Tags" feature do?????

:)

If you are in enhanced mode and you click lets say, bold, italic, color and font.. then type what you want to type, all you have to do is click "close all tags" and it will close all those tags for you. I LOVE this feature. :D

Question on profile pic and avatar under signature..

Hey sicy..

I updated my profile and put the url for a profile pic, it is only 77x96pixels. When i post it doesnt show up..also It is from snapfish, so it should work right?

I don't have the avatar option in my profile, to put under my signature..Do I need to register again?

help me puleese...:(

Re: Question on profile pic and avatar under signature..

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I updated my profile and put the url for a profile pic, it is only 77x96pixels. When i post it doesnt show up..also It is from snapfish, so it should work right?

I see the pic in your profile. Its of Bono right? Profile pics dont show up when you post, they are just in your profile.

I don't have the avatar option in my profile, to put under my signature..Do I need to register again?

Its under "Edit Options" not Edit Profile.

:)

Anyone else getting this?

Not sure if it's just a bug or something else, but I keep trying to use the "signature editor" and everytime I click on it... I keep getting a page that says "feedback Bulletin". It worked fine for me last time - do I need to reset something?

Sicy said:

Elvis will be restoring the special status's. ;)

But I just got out of the garbage disposal!:p

Seriously though...so when exactly do we still have to use the [ img ] [ /img ]? Do we still use that if we post a picture from our computer or snapfish? I think that's what the f.a.q. section says. Also, do all images have to be saved through snapfish or something similar?

Sorry for being so dense. :huh: :D

Last edited:
Hey Sicy?

I'm at a crossroads in my life. I dont know whether to take up this glam new job or head overseas and see some of the world.
Can you also tell me if I will ever find a decent fella?

Lmao. Just kidding. Reading over this it sounds like an Ask Sicy/Dear Sicy column!

heheheh thnx for the answer too btw. :)

Angela Harlem said:
Hey Sicy?

I'm at a crossroads in my life. I dont know whether to take up this glam new job or head overseas and see some of the world.

I think you should head overseas if you can manage it. Life is short!

Decent fella? :eyebrow: :p

Angela Harlem said:
Hey Sicy?

Lmao. Just kidding. Reading over this it sounds like an Ask Sicy/Dear Sicy column!

heheheh thnx for the answer too btw. :)

Remember Dear Whortense?

Those were the days. :laugh:

Do I need to log in and out everytime I come to the board?
It's easy to log in but have to fish around to figure out how to log out...BTW, a kick ass job on the new board, must have been alot of work.....

ZOOTB said:
Do I need to log in and out everytime I come to the board?
It's easy to log in but have to fish around to figure out how to log out...BTW, a kick ass job on the new board, must have been alot of work.....

Never mind, I found the "logout" on the main page.
What does "No Subscription" mean. I don't want to be notified if someone replies, so if I check this off, is that correct?
Thanks

ZOOTB said:

Never mind, I found the "logout" on the main page.
What does "No Subscription" mean. I don't want to be notified if someone replies, so if I check this off, is that correct?
Thanks

Yeah I would check this off.

I would be very very very happy if there was a sweetest thing avatar...or if I could figure out how to make one myself and claim exlusive copyright to it..... :)

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I would be very very very happy if there was a sweetest thing avatar...or if I could figure out how to make one myself and claim exlusive copyright to it..... :)

I can make ya one if you have an image. PM it to me if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom