New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont think it matters what browser you use, if your work has blocked photobucket or similar sites, its not going to show up regardless.

I really dont think it matters what browser you use, if your work has blocked photobucket or similar sites, its not going to show up regardless.
that's what i was thinking. my work blocks quite a few sites, and photobucket used to be one of them.

elfa, try going to photobucket's website or pasting a link to an image in your browser at work. it should give you some error saying that domain is blocked for whatever reason.

i hate work firewalls :mad:

I have red x's in the smilies too. (IE, home) It's happened periodically just haven't said anything. It's not exclusive to work or home, and not all the time.
When I click on a smilie - such as the drool button (that is showing) the box pops up with all the others red x'ed. When I submit my reply the smilie box doesn't stay open. I have to open it each time I reply or post.
(except for the one's showing below the reply box.

I also noticed tonight - for the first time, I'm "invisible". What does that littl red dot mean? (besides invisible) All the thing's I could have been doing, being invisible. :drool:
(Please don't make me look it up, dial up takes so long.:reject:)

ETS: Never mind about the invisible thing. I found it. :doh:

:( Is the time going to be fixed? Interference is running about 4 minutes behind....I keep thinking I've been lost in a time warp when I've posted....

Ok so maybe I'm just cranky, but I meant, are you serious, as in, are you that sad/upset/concerned about the interference clock being 4 minutes off?

Like, there are worse things in life. I don't even pay attention to the clock at all.

Ok so maybe I'm just cranky, but I meant, are you serious, as in, are you that sad/upset/concerned about the interference clock being 4 minutes off?

Like, there are worse things in life. I don't even pay attention to the clock at all.

:lol: Sorry, that was awesome. No, I didn't care, I just noticed it once it was mentioned.

:hug:

I don't even pay attention to the damn time! especially not when I'm posting. The only time I may take a look at it is if I'm reading old posts that I have missed say, at the Temple bar. It's sometimes cool to know what time they were posted. And at that point, being a few min off hardly makes any difference to me.

:ohmy: no, wasn't THAT sad/upset/concerned! :lol: But I had noticed a lot of people mentioning it in the forums, and once it had been pointed out, I simply became aware of it. I only noticed it when there was rampant posting in the superthread and it wasn't a problem - just gave the time warp sensation in a funny way :shrug: Don't shoot the messenger :yikes:

The clock should be fixed. Is your life now complete?

:wink:

:hug: Smile Sicy....:kiss:

Still when I receive PM's the smileys are red Xes, and in the reply box half of them are, and the other half are shown... :scratch: wth?

^ i have a similar problem when I am replying/quoting to a post and click the link to more smilies all i get is red x's when that box comes up with all the smilies in it.

Yeah when I receive pm's from people sometimes the smilies are just red x's, which can sometimes make it hard to know exactly what the person is meaning. Amazingly smilies can really tell alot about what someone's actually saying :lol:

:wink: You need to clear you cookies etc

U2 Feedback - FAQ: General Forum Usage

How do I clear cookies?

You can clear all your cookies set by the forum by clicking the 'logout' link at the top of the page. In some cases, if you return to the main index page via the link provided and you are still logged in, you may have to remove your cookies manually.

In Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP: Click the 'Tools' menu. Select 'Internet Options' from the menu that appears. Click 'Delete Cookies' on the dialog box that appears. It will be in the center area of the 'General' tab.

In Internet Explorer 7: Click the 'Tools' menu. Select 'Internet Options' from the menu that appears. Click 'Delete...', beneath 'Browsing History' on the dialog box that appears. It will be in the center area of the 'General' tab. Click 'Delete cookies...' on the next dialog box that appears.

In Firefox: Click the 'Tools' menu. Select 'Options' from the menu that appears. From the dialog box, select 'Privacy' on the left. Find 'Cookies' on the main pane, and click the 'Clear' button adjacent to it.

In Safari: Go to Preferences, Security, then show Cookies and either select 'Remove all' or select individual cookies and then the 'Delete' button.

In Opera: Go to Tools, Preferences, Advanced, Cookies, Manage cookies then select the name of this site and click the 'Delete' button.

Your cookies should now be removed. You may want to restart the computer and revisit the forums to be sure.

Other browsers may have a different method of clearing cookies. Refer to the documentation for your own browser if you are unsure.

I had the same problem, but it's all good now!! :yes:

I've cleared my cookies lots of times, still didn't work for me, oh well! (And sometimes the smilies do all work!) I'm not worried about it. Eventually it will probably work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom