New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a technical issue but in the previous thread regarding forum downtime, Andy had asked us to gather links on social responsibility websites for use in a future section on web resources, is there a thread up somewhere already for us to post our links? :nerd:
AngelofHarlem, You are the bomb for gathering some links! I made a new post here for us to share good websites:
http://forum.interference.com/f200/...-good-sites-resources-186982.html#post5181508

I was wondering that too Galeongirl. Your button does not appear red here, so you are invisible :shifty:

Last edited:
with every post I can see that I'm invisible, the red light on the left says so... am I the only one able to see that because it's my own account? :scratch:

Yes.

Other people that you see that are invisible or offline the button will be gray.

Maybe a dumb question but why be invisible when everyone knows you're online anyways because you're posting.

GG I think they just changed something on that. Try marking them all read and start over.

Maybe a dumb question but why be invisible when everyone knows you're online anyways because you're posting.

This is no different from the old forum :shrug:

If you're invisible, no one can see where you are, what threads you're looking at, etc.

Ah ok, I never looked at whether people were on or off or where they were anyways. :shrug:

Well the online/offline button is new... but if will just look gray to you if they are either offline or invisible.

Bitch bitch bitch :angry:

I know. But the old Interference wasn't broken; it was just old.

The new "blogs" are difficult to navigate; the "random blog" stuff is distracting. If I wanted to read that person's blog, I would.

My old buddy list is gone. To PM someone now I have to find my PMs, and type in a name. Before, I could go to my buddy list and click a button, or just click a button at the bottom of a post. My "friends" list is pointless; I have no idea why that's there. I can't PM from it, I just look at the pretty avatars.

And then to fix a simple problem about read posts, the whole forum needed scrubbing?

It seems like a lot of new things just for new things' sake. When many of the old features were more convenient and easier to use.

My old buddy list is gone. To PM someone now I have to find my PMs, and type in a name. Before, I could go to my buddy list and click a button, or just click a button at the bottom of a post. My "friends" list is pointless; I have no idea why that's there. I can't PM from it, I just look at the pretty avatars.

I can use the Quick Links and choose Open Contacts Popup and my old buddy list is there and then I can choose the people to send PM's to. Have you tried that? I assume everyone should have that option, but obviously I can't be sure.

Its not gone, its there under contacts & friends. All you have to do is click on any of them and it takes you to their profile where you can pm them. Or if you see them on the forum you just click their username and you get a drop down box where you can choose to pm them from there. Or, you can just go to your own profile, and your friends list is also there on the right.

I can use the Quick Links and choose Open Contacts Popup and my old buddy list is there and then I can choose the people to send PM's to. Have you tried that? I assume everyone should have that option, but obviously I can't be sure.

Yes that is also yet another way to do it and probably the easiest way. Thank you for pointing that out :up: I like that there is more than just 1 way to pm people now. I think its a lot easier frankly.

Its not gone, its there under contacts & friends. All you have to do is click on any of them and it takes you to their profile where you can pm them. Or if you see them on the forum you just click their username and you get a drop down box where you can choose to pm them from there. Or, you can just go to your own profile, and your friends list is also there on the right.

Yes that is also yet another way to do it and probably the easiest way. Thank you for pointing that out :up: I like that there is more than just 1 way to pm people now. I think its a lot easier frankly.
i agree. i am all for having multiple ways to do multiple things :up:

Who's been messing with the page numbers? This thread, for example, is 40 pages at the moment. There is a link to all of the pages scrolling all the way across to the right. Me no likey! :reject: (Especially on threads that have numerous posts)

:help:

Before, you could only go from page 13 then to 20'something. Now you have all the pages there to click on AND they added the 'go to page' box. Thanks to whoever did that :up:

btw I only have 20 pages so that's not happening for me. You should change your settings.

Hmm holy crap, I went into IO and there are so many pages on that forum that it made the worst horizontal scroll ever :crack:

Ok I see what you're saying now.

Let me ask them about it.

The reason I do this is because I always stay logged in, and I almost always have a couple of Interference windows left open, so I can pick up where I left off reading when I come back to my computer (the thing where you're supposed to be able to 'go to unread posts' has never worked for me). This way, people don't think I'm around, or lurking 24/7 when I'm not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom