New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I click on More to get more Smilies, both in Quick Reply or in Quote, instead of more smilies, it just says I get Members With the Most Buddy Connections, Most Ignored Users, and Members Who Ignore Most Users. :sigh:

When I click on More to get more Smilies, both in Quick Reply or in Quote, instead of more smilies, it just says I get Members With the Most Buddy Connections, Most Ignored Users, and Members Who Ignore Most Users. :sigh:

Yeah I noticed that today too :crack: I emailed Andy & Jeff.

Since its the weekend I don't think they're working too much on the site, but I'm sure they'll be at it again next week.

Here's a problem I just ran into...

I clicked on a member's name to see where he/she had previously posted. I got the message that I had to wait 30 seconds between searches :der:
After I waited the 30 seconds and saw the list, I clicked on the post that the person had posted or quoted, and I got one of those error message about No Thread Specified or something like that. I don't necessarily want to go to the thread and have to search thru pages to find the specific post. On the old forum, it would take you right to that post.

Can a mod/tech person let me know if this is being looked into. I don't mean to whine, but this is the 3rd time I mention it, and it hasn't been acknowledged yet. Maddy said it happened to her as well.

Another thing I JUST noticed was that when I clicked on "New Posts", it showed one page of new posts. Before this, I could choose from what page of "new posts" I wanted to go to. I liked it. Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Great work to all involved!

I have two questions...

1.In the initial thread announcing that the forum was going to be updated, someone asked whether or not we would be able to embed videos, and Andy said that we would. I was just wondering if that is possible yet, and if so, how?

2.When posting new posts, I noticed that there are now buttons for 'html tags' and 'php tags'. Does this mean that we can use html in posts, or is it simply a mechanism for programmers and people who use code to post code without having other auto-formatting tools mess it up?

I just tried to get more smileys for a post and I got a screen showng this;

"Members with the most Buddy Connections
User Buddies

Most Ignored Users
User Ignored

Members who Ignore Most Users
User Ignores":der:

I just tried to get more smileys for a post and I got a screen showng this; ...
Sicy just addressed that a few posts above.
Can a mod/tech person let me know if this is being looked into. I don't mean to whine, but this is the 3rd time I mention it, and it hasn't been acknowledged yet. Maddy said it happened to her as well.

Another thing I JUST noticed was that when I clicked on "New Posts", it showed one page of new posts. Before this, I could choose from what page of "new posts" I wanted to go to. I liked it. Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
I'm not having the problem you're describing with checking for previous posts; I checked for yours just now and it worked fine, no 30-second notice and I was able to go directly to the first post I clicked on. Are you sure you were still logged in when that happened?

When I clicked "New Posts" I got three pages; I'm afraid I'm not in a position to compare to the old site though, because I've never used that function. Are you saying it doesn't go back far enough? Have you also tried the Today's Posts function under Quick Links?
1.In the initial thread announcing that the forum was going to be updated, someone asked whether or not we would be able to embed videos, and Andy said that we would. I was just wondering if that is possible yet, and if so, how?

2.When posting new posts, I noticed that there are now buttons for 'html tags' and 'php tags'. Does this mean that we can use html in posts, or is it simply a mechanism for programmers and people who use code to post code without having other auto-formatting tools mess it up?
No, the embedded video capacity isn't there yet...it's definitely still in the works, but right now top priority is basic functions that aren't working the way they should. Sorry, but I don't personally know the answer to your second question. Like Sicy said, some of these questions may have to wait until Andy and Jeff return from their weekend.

I'm not having the problem you're describing with checking for previous posts; I checked for yours just now and it worked fine, no 30-second notice and I was able to go directly to the first post I clicked on. Are you sure you were still logged in when that happened?

When I clicked "New Posts" I got three pages; I'm afraid I'm not in a position to compare to the old site though, because I've never used that function. Are you saying it doesn't go back far enough? Have you also tried the Today's Posts function under Quick Links?

Let me see if I can describe it more clearly.
If I click on your name and 'find more posts' by user (you in this example), I get taken to a list (like I would in the old forum). If I scroll down to find a post you made at 11:24 in the US 2008 Presidential Campaign... thread, and it starts off '100 posts is a bit...'. I click on the hyperlinked post to take me to your post IN that thread, and I get the 'No Thread Specified, yada yada, contact adminstrator'.

Oh, and I'm ALWAYS logged in :shifty:

Last edited:
Hmmm, well OK now I'm getting that error too. :der: Which is really strange, because I understood what you meant the first time and just a couple minutes ago it worked for me when I tried clicking into one of your posts from your Previous Posts page...but now it's not working. Erm, we'll have to add this one to the 'bugs to fix' list then, I guess.

That is the same error message as clicking on the last post of a thread/forum on the main forum page. I've let them know about these errors several times. I dont know what else I can do, sorry.

Well? ;)
I didn't find an answer looking through the 33 last pages, so I'm sorry if you already answered me once before. You're all doing a terrific job!
:reject:

This is something Joel had added to the old forum. I would imagine they need to re-add them.

Hmmm, well OK now I'm getting that error too. :der: Which is really strange, because I understood what you meant the first time and just a couple minutes ago it worked for me when I tried clicking into one of your posts from your Previous Posts page...but now it's not working. Erm, we'll have to add this one to the 'bugs to fix' list then, I guess.

I've tried that too, and it seems it does work in some specific threads.

I've visited a friends profile and all her links to the "Music on the internet" thread work, the others, don't...

Yeah, it would be cool if it redirected you back to where you were, not sure if there is a way to do that. :hmm:

Are you saying you are already subscribed to a thread but not getting an email notification for that one? Try going into UserCP/List Subscriptions and see what is set for that thread. Or is this happening to all of yours?

No, I mean that when we subscribe to a thread that we are already subscribed to before (and forgot about it :rolleyes: ), then we used to get the message 'you are already subscribed to this thread' (i think.. lol)

but that's ok, there is no problem really, subscribing once or twice (or as many times as my Alzheimer's makes me :D )

Has e-mail notifications been address is this thread? Twice I've changed how I want to be notified by e-mail about posts in thread (I don't), and whenever I log into my e-mail I have 15 messages titled "Repy to thread Interferencers Photos Consolidated" or "Reply to thread New Forum is up!" I've changed my option to "No e-mail notification" and now to "do not subscribe" and I am still getting e-mails.

Sorry if this has been addressed; please point me in the right direction if it has! :D

In your usercp (control panel) you can select whether or not to automatically subscribe to a thread when you post in it. If you turn that off, it will stop happening. :)

Has e-mail notifications been address is this thread? Twice I've changed how I want to be notified by e-mail about posts in thread (I don't), and whenever I log into my e-mail I have 15 messages titled "Repy to thread Interferencers Photos Consolidated" or "Reply to thread New Forum is up!" I've changed my option to "No e-mail notification" and now to "do not subscribe" and I am still getting e-mails.

Sorry if this has been addressed; please point me in the right direction if it has! :D

It looks like all your subscriptions have now been deleted, are you still getting emails?

Here's a problem I just ran into...

I clicked on a member's name to see where he/she had previously posted. I got the message that I had to wait 30 seconds between searches :der:
After I waited the 30 seconds and saw the list, I clicked on the post that the person had posted or quoted, and I got one of those error message about No Thread Specified or something like that. I don't necessarily want to go to the thread and have to search thru pages to find the specific post. On the old forum, it would take you right to that post.

Check if this is fixed. Should be.

I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but when you click on "uncategorized" journal entries, instead of taking you to the entries, it takes you to the "blog's ( :barf: ) first page...

Fixed.

Originally Posted by Spunn
I was hit with the "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" when I just tried to follow the arrow button on the main forum page.

This should be fixed.

Once your satisfied with what you have read, mark all forums read, and it will start over with you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom