New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more you type, the less space appears under the signature. It was like that on the old forum too but I dont think it was as extreme. I've already had Andy add extra space between the end of the post, and the signature, as you can see there is space there now which is supposed to in turn help with the space below the signature. I think the reason there is extra space now is because of the extra buttons under the avatar section. Sorry don't think anything more can be done about it. I spent a lot of time already bitching about it to Andy lol.

I knew that there would be a lot of bugs, and a lot of various complaints so I did expect it and totally understand it. But I have to say I am really pleased with how well everyone is dealing. And I like to see people that 'get' everything, helping others that dont. I had worse visions in my head :wink: But there is just so much fun and cool stuff here now I cant see how anyone could hate it :up:

Yes I've put this in as a suggestion to the techies thanks.
:drool:

Ok, this is completely just a nit-picky thing, and I don't mean to complain, but there's this one thing that's been bugging me...
It seems that there's a lot of "wasted space" around posts. Especially under signatures, and it can vary from one post to the next. Like here, under one of Sicy's posts, there about 1 cm of space, whereas higher up there's gotta be a couple cm's of blank blue space.
Also, it seems like a single post, no matter how short, always completely fills my screen, and I don't recall that happening before...
i think it's just the layout being different. for example, usernames are bigger now on posts. also, there's more images now, what with the online/offline/invisible status, im info, etc.

but you are right. i have a bigger monitor so i can fit about two posts per screen, but before i could fill up maybe four. it doesn't bother me too much, though.

edit: oops, didn't see the next page :der:

Bri you could try changing your monitor resolution. I can see about 3 posts per page.

Bri you could try changing your monitor resolution. I can see about 3 posts per page.

I wouldn't have the foggiest clue how to do that :reject:

It's no big deal though, it's just one of those annoying lil things that just bugs you now and then, ya know?
I don't mean to whine.....much. :wink:

And seriously, thank you guys for keeping on top of everything and responding to all our comments/complaints/questions, and just for working so hard to keep the forum as we love it. :)

OK I have a question. I use Adblock Plus for firefox because I hate ads! But I'd like to un-block Interference's ads because 1) I'd like to support Interference and from screenshots they look pretty non-disruptive and 2) I have heard that sometimes they are really funny because of how the adbots pick content based on what's been said in a thread.

I tried adding forum.interference.com as an exception but I'm still not seeing ads. Does one of the admins know of any way to solve this?

ETA: Much as I want to support Interference/see ads, a solution that involves disabling adblocking on other sites/disabling adblocking to all google ads, etc is not an option....Not willing to go that far and sacrifice my sanity and convenience.

Last edited:
:| I'm trying to find the post about the galleries. So I did a search of this thread. It showed the post I wanted. When I clicked on the post, I got the "no thread specified" crap. That post is the only way to get to the galleries. Which is the only way I can get to my picture that was my lost profile picture.

I'm tired. And right now I want my old Interference back. The one that worked.

I'll be better tomorrow.

But I want the "marked as read" part to really only mark the posts I've read, not posts in the future that I haven't read yet because they haven't been posted.

Here's a problem I just ran into...

I clicked on a member's name to see where he/she had previously posted. I got the message that I had to wait 30 seconds between searches :der:
After I waited the 30 seconds and saw the list, I clicked on the post that the person had posted or quoted, and I got one of those error message about No Thread Specified or something like that. I don't necessarily want to go to the thread and have to search thru pages to find the specific post. On the old forum, it would take you right to that post.

I knew that there would be a lot of bugs, and a lot of various complaints so I did expect it and totally understand it. But I have to say I am really pleased with how well everyone is dealing. And I like to see people that 'get' everything, helping others that dont. I had worse visions in my head :wink: But there is just so much fun and cool stuff here now I cant see how anyone could hate it :up:

:lol: the bit that's taking me the longest to get used to is the 2mil gap between every post! :lmao:

do you reckon there could be a section or thread or something outlining EVERY new thing you can do in the future?

I would love to help you with this, however, the file is 630kb and 45 frames :crack: There would be no possible way to get it under 12kb...

Reduced to six essential frames, reduced size, reduced colour palette:

pdoj4.gif

:wink: visions as in pointing and laughing at those who don't get everything?

nah, I think it works better when everyone helps together, y'know, since some are more tech savvy than others!

I wouldn't have the foggiest clue how to do that :reject:
otherwise, try, if you have a mouse with scroll wheel Control + scrolling down, that'll make the page smaller so you'll see more... watch it that it doesn't become TOO small :lol: I had that once and couldn't read a thing!

:tsk: now stop Whining!

It said I couldn't upload an animated image :sad:

oh well, thanks anyway Bonnie...I'll stick it in my sig when I go premium.

Ok I think that was another hack that Joel set up, to allow animated gifs in avatars. I'm sure it will be available soon. But for now, could you please change your avatar anyway?

Is it just me or are you automatically subscribed to a thread just because you opened and read it & commented? :scratch:

I'm not sure how it works now, but on the old board, you were automatically subscribing when you posted (not the quick rreply though), so that could still be the same now, I don't know yet..

Still so much to figure out..

HOw do you mark a thread as read?? I think you can only mark a whole forum (ie EYKIW) as read. Or did I get that wrong? :reject:

Small remark:

I just subscribed to this thread (although I think I already did that earlier) and after doing that, i got redirected to the first page of this thread... a bit annoying but i can live with that :)

Also, don't we get a notification when we are already subscribed to a thread?

Last edited:
Small remark:

I just subscribed to this thread (although I think I already did that earlier) and after doing that, i got redirected to the first page of this thread... a bit annoying but i can live with that :)

Yeah, it would be cool if it redirected you back to where you were, not sure if there is a way to do that. :hmm:

Small remark:
Also, don't we get a notification when we are already subscribed to a thread?

Are you saying you are already subscribed to a thread but not getting an email notification for that one? Try going into UserCP/List Subscriptions and see what is set for that thread. Or is this happening to all of yours?

Last edited:
I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but when you click on "uncategorized" journal entries, instead of taking you to the entries, it takes you to the "blog's ( :barf: ) first page...

I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but when you click on "uncategorized" journal entries, instead of taking you to the entries, it takes you to the "blog's ( :barf: ) first page...

That needs to be fixed, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom