New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time i leave the forum i get logged out even when i set it to remember me, anyone else having this problem ?

Yup, sometimes.

Oh and I have the same question as April. How do we make ourselves invisible again?

And awesome job on the front page by the way! Looks beautiful! I love the dark blue on top and the black & white martini glass! :love:

Another thing about the Last Post column (sorry if somebody mentioned this, I didn't see it!).

When you click on the username of the person who made the post, you aren't taken to their profile, you're just taken to the forum index.

User CP > Edit options
first thing you see is invisibility :)

I don't have that. :scratch: First thing I have is Allow vcard download and then some email and privacy preferences including whether or not to make avatars and sigs invisible. But I see nothing on user visibility on the boards. :confused:

Also, how can I ignore u2gir... I mean any person's posts? There is no Add to Ignore list button!?

I don't have that. :scratch: First thing I have is Allow vcard download and then some email and privacy preferences including whether or not to make avatars and sigs invisible. But I see nothing on user visibility on the boards. :confused:

Also, how can I ignore u2gir... I mean any person's posts? There is no Add to Ignore list button!?

:lol: I mean :shame:...

Maybe it isn't available for non premium members :hmm:

Speaking of, how can we tell if we're premium now?

Second question, how does one go about changing the appearance of the forum or is this still beiong worked on?

hm that's odd... are you premium zootles?
Here's what I see:"
invisibilityti8.png

Speaking of, how can we tell if we're premium now?

Second question, how does one go about changing the appearance of the forum or is this still beiong worked on?

Good questions! I would be interested in the alternate white (or even different colors) background too. :hmm:

Well, it looks like there's still issues that need to be sorted out! :lol: Thanks for all your work, team! :rockon:

Another thing about the Last Post column (sorry if somebody mentioned this, I didn't see it!).

When you click on the username of the person who made the post, you aren't taken to their profile, you're just taken to the forum index.

but it does work when you click their avi :hmm:

Also, I'd just like to say on behalf of the mods a big thank you to the members who are stepping up and helping people figure things out and letting us know of errors that are found. We appreciate the assistance!!

Holy cow...great work guys!

I know this likely isn't a popular opinion but I think the blue could go...the Interference home page looks so subtle and nice, I think it could work well across the entire forum. Just me I guess..

No clue on how it all works yet but it sure looks sleek! :)

I have a question about the Interference home page. Up in the URL area, there used to be a white "I" icon, now it's a black and blue "R." Any significance to the R? I don't really care what the icon looks like, I'm just curious.

And I also echo the thanks for all the hard work you guys have been doing. :hug: Thank you!

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I just realised that the title underneath my user name simply says: Registered User and my old status is gone. I just realised that this is true for some other members here as well. :huh:

They're still working on this issue.

How can we show as offline? :shifty:

Ok I'm reading that some of you cant get to this feature. I will get that sorted out. It shouldnt just be for premiums. They're still having some issues sorting out the premium/non premium stuff.

Every time i leave the forum i get logged out even when i set it to remember me, anyone else having this problem ?

This was posted a few times in this thread, but here it is again.

If you are having login issues, I would suggest using the logout feature in the top right corner to force a logout which will clear your cookies from this site. Then login in again but make sure to check the Remember Me box on the login!

If you still have problems it's probably because of cookies. If you know how you can go into your browsers options and delete all cookies from interference.com and that should do the trick. Don't forget to click the Remember Me box, you would be surprised how many people fail to check that.

So I don't have to read through all 11 pages, sorry-are ignore lists still private or has that changed too?

Also I tried to post this a few minutes ago and I got a "forbidden" message and couldn't even get back into the forum :confused:

In the last few hours the Posts: thing in the user info has switched back and forth from showing your total postcount (interference norm) to your postcount at the time of that post. FYI.

(I vote you display both in that area. Post #: Total Posts: )

The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems or is undergoing routine maintenance.

If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed to the website's domain should reach the appropriate person.

For example, if you experienced problems while visiting Example Web Page, you should send e-mail to "webmaster@example.com".

I tried to log in a number of times this morning and got a page with this, along with other sections of writing on my page. Also, there are times where it tells me I am forbidden to visit any thread...I'm not forbidden am I? :sad:

:wink:

Not complaining, just want to help with the bugs. :D

hmm...everything looks pretty good, i like the updated home page :up:

but at the top of the page, there is a forum breakdown to where you are currently- like right now it says "U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast > New Forum is Up! Stil tweaking things though..."

my question is, what happened to that at the bottom of the page? Having it at the bottom of the page was very convenient because you could click on any of those forums or sub forums if you're done reading a thread and you're at the bottom of the page and it will take you back, instead of having to scroll all the way up again to return to another forum....I hope I am making sense :lol:

thanks again :)

hmm...everything looks pretty good, i like the updated home page :up:

but at the top of the page, there is a forum breakdown to where you are currently- like right now it says "U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast > New Forum is Up! Stil tweaking things though..."

my question is, what happened to that at the bottom of the page? Having it at the bottom of the page was very convenient because you could click on any of those forums or sub forums if you're done reading a thread and you're at the bottom of the page and it will take you back, instead of having to scroll all the way up again to return to another forum....I hope I am making sense :lol:

This is a feature I asked about as well because I would use those quick links all the time (yes I am that lazy that I hate scrolling ALLLLLL the way back up to the top of the page :shh: ) - still hoping it will be added at some point...

Yes, you guys are right, there should definitly be a forum index on the bottom of the page. Usually I'm using that to jump between forums.

This is a feature I asked about as well because I would use those quick links all the time (yes I am that lazy that I hate scrolling ALLLLLL the way back up to the top of the page :shh: ) - still hoping it will be added at some point...

Yes, you guys are right, there should definitly be a forum index on the bottom of the page. Usually I'm using that to jump between forums.