New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried. I created a category first and then clicked on everything, but there was no option to move to the new category...

I just finished reading the FAQ and i think i might have to go in each post, as if i would edit it, and than change it from there... hmmmm, i'll try that now.... If that's the way to go, thank goodness i don't have some 900 posts...

Yep... When you click edit, you have the option to move it to a category... So we have to go to each post and do it one by one...

Also, there was another option "publish now" or publish on", what does that mean?

That column on the left is so annoying, unless i have a 20" monitor i can't see the whole entry, i have to keep going left-right left-right to read the post...

It was so much nicer when you had your avatar and info on the top of the page... And why do i need my avatar in every journal entry? And why can't it be called journal anymore????

I guess i'm just old fashioned that way...:shrug:

You have a lot on your mind don't you? :wink:

This will be fixed to match, blue.

Haha sorry if I sound like I'm complaining. I'm having fun ignoring my work by playing "spot the differences" and I really love most of the changes, just the time stamp location and white reply screen with the now-blue box (instead of blue screen with grey box) are the things I miss from the old forum, and others seem to agree.

The new post thing I wouldn't have even known about but people were saying it was cool and I thought I was going insane because I couldn't find it. I had Khanada show me a screen shot! Khan also said she didn't know why non-premiums couldn't use that feature and thought maybe you didn't know it had rolled out like that.

But yeah, I really do like the changes, I've made lots of comments in this thread and the majority are "ZOMG x feature is AWESOME."

My latest observation (not complaint): the quotes used to be username in italics (nonbold) and then their post in bold. Now it's username in bold and the post in bold italics.

So yeah, I hope YOU don't think I'm a "squeeky wheel," I'm just overanalytical and overcurious. Unfortunately I have directed these energies towards Interference tonight instead of towards my damn schoolwork.

Haha sorry if I sound like I'm complaining. I'm having fun ignoring my work by playing "spot the differences" and I really love most of the changes, just the time stamp location and white reply screen with the now-blue box (instead of blue screen with grey box) are the things I miss from the old forum, and others seem to agree.

The new post thing I wouldn't have even known about but people were saying it was cool and I thought I was going insane because I couldn't find it. I had Khanada show me a screen shot! Khan also said she didn't know why non-premiums couldn't use that feature and thought maybe you didn't know it had rolled out like that.

But yeah, I really do like the changes, I've made lots of comments in this thread and the majority are "ZOMG x feature is AWESOME."

My latest observation (not complaint): the quotes used to be username in italics (nonbold) and then their post in bold. Now it's username in bold and the post in bold italics.

So yeah, I hope YOU don't think I'm a "squeeky wheel," I'm just overanalytical and overcurious. Unfortunately I have directed these energies towards Interference tonight instead of towards my damn schoolwork.

No worries, I was just giving you a hard time :wink:

A lot of things still need to be adjusted, and of course, I have to say that not everyone will like every little detail so its always difficult to please everyone. We can just do our best.

I just want to say that the new forum definitely screams GOOFING OFF AT WORK like no forum ever before it.

No worries, I was just giving you a hard time :wink:

A lot of things still need to be adjusted, and of course, I have to say that not everyone will like every little detail so its always difficult to please everyone. We can just do our best.

Right, I like to think when I point stuff out I might be being slightly helpful, maybe, just once. I dunno how many of the little things I've noticed were actually discussed or noticed before the upgrade. Plus I'm not one to keep my opinion to myself, so I complain in an online forum about the white box in the online forum...:shrug:

And yeah, nobody's ever gonna agree, once you change something you open up a whole can of worms. But I stand by my new interference pet peeves, the old look was better on those 2 counts.

While we're on the topic of change, smilies! I'd love to get rid of some that piss me off but at least it'd be fun to make a few additions. I especially wish the post icon
down.gif
was available with the code :depressed: as it is sooooo different than :sad: and I'd like one for :runoff: or :runaway:

like this!
theyareontome.gif

:drool:

e.g. someone says "Someone's selling bono's toenail clippings on ebay" and you
theyareontome.gif
which could mean you are embarassedly running off to look, or that you are scared and running away.

Yes. It seems your 'buddy' list will still be there (contacts) but you have to friend request each other to be on your 'friends' list. I know its a little confusing. I think because some features like blogs allow you to just have your 'friends' be able to comment, etc.

I think that means you have yet to request them as a friend, and vice versa.

You guys have done an amazing amount of work in the past 18 hours or so - kudos, and thanks! :bow:

Oh, and btw, whoever was posting the progress updates while the forum was down, they were very amusing. Reticulating splines, indeed. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom