New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what are the implications?:confused:

Truthfully, I never have been clear on this whole subscribe/unsubscribe business. I come on here, I read stuff, I post stuff, that's it. I try to avoid any extra layer of complexity or technical complications.

(I confess: I'm a Luddite. I don't even have a microwave or a cell phone.)

So, just to make things simple, if you do that, will something bad happen?

Hopefully you will stop getting e-mail updates. that's all.

well. i miss and really liked the old one but ill get use to it!!

Me too... I'm completely lost... I can't transfer my "uncategorized" posts into the categorized file... I can't find anyone's "blogs" (by the way, i absolutely despise this word!)... I don't know if the posts that were private before can be seen now... I don't know anything anymore!!!!:crazy:

You have a lot on your mind don't you? :wink:

This will be fixed to match, blue.

Oh great. The squeeky wheel (Varitek) gets the oil. I really like that particular change.

By the way, what happened to Sicy's recommendation of a mustard background? That would have totally rocked!:rockon:

You can unsubscribe to everything at once. In your control panel, subscribed threads, list subscriptions. Select all the threads you've subscribed to by clicking the "Notification" box at the top to select all. Then at the bottom there is a "selected threads" dropdown. you can choose to update subscription type or delete all subscriptions.

You can change the look of the forum a little by scrolling all the way down and choosing the old vBulletin 2 style (lower left corner) if you like.

I still have nothing like this on my page, is that still a current thing being worked on?

You can unsubscribe to everything at once. In your control panel, subscribed threads, list subscriptions. Select all the threads you've subscribed to by clicking the "Notification" box at the top to select all. Then at the bottom there is a "selected threads" dropdown. you can choose to update subscription type or delete all subscriptions.

is there a way to make posible that you get mails, but only when someone quotes you?

that's the only way I got mails in the previous format... that and me creating threads

Me too... I'm completely lost... I can't transfer my "uncategorized" posts into the categorized file... I can't find anyone's "blogs" (by the way, i absolutely despise this word!)... I don't know if the posts that were private before can be seen now... I don't know anything anymore!!!!:crazy:

Ok let me try to understand what you're asking.

In your blog, to make a new category go to your blog then on the left go to blog control panel, then blog categorizes, then add new category. Then you have to go through your journal and select the entries you want to move to that category.

To find others blogs there is a search box there on the left hand side. Just type their user name in there and click search.

Your private entries will be 'drafts' now and have a little icon next to it. Only you should be able to see them.

Ok let me try to understand what you're asking.

In your blog, to make a new category go to your blog then on the left go to blog control panel, then blog categorizes, then add new category. Then you have to go through your journal and select the entries you want to move to that category.

To find others blogs there is a search box there on the left hand side. Just type their user name in there and click search.

I tried. I created a category first and then clicked on everything, but there was no option to move to the new category...

I just finished reading the FAQ and i think i might have to go in each post, as if i would edit it, and than change it from there... hmmmm, i'll try that now.... If that's the way to go, thank goodness i don't have some 900 posts...

I tried. I created a category first and then clicked on everything, but there was no option to move to the new category...

I just finished reading the FAQ and i think i might have to go in each post, as if i would edit it, and than change it from there... hmmmm, i'll try that now.... If that's the way to go, thank goodness i don't have some 900 posts...

Ok yeah we're not done fixing the FAQs yet either... we have to import our old FAQs and tweak the new ones a bit but yeah I just tested it and I think you have to go in and edit the entry, then scroll to the bottom and check mark the category you want to put it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom