New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI for Premiums I believe the custom status is fixed now.

Go to User CP
on the left nav bar Edit Your Details.

:scream:

what happened to my blue crack?!?!?!?!?

it seems slower, but, I hope this works out

MAYOR change... the first one I've seen since I started lurking around here in 02

Click 'close window' on that screen and it will take you back to the post in the right spot in the thread.

Also if you use firefox, you can just right click on the post link and choose copy link location. Saves a few steps...

No, it just closes the window/tab, and if you have the thread still open it brings you there, at least with my tabbed browsing.

So if User A posts a link in thread A to a post in thread B, and then User B clicks the link, they get brought just to the post without the context of a thread they might not have seen yet, which is why I like the old way better.

At least I think that's how it works, lemme test it with an arbitrary link.

http://forum.interference.com/showpost.php?p=5170797&postcount=190

Does this mean you'll be checking up on who's current with their membership fees? :uhoh:

i don't know if this has been said, but i'm missing some posts. i should have (including this post) 29954 posts. but that's not a big deal, losing less than 100 posts doesn't matter. it's more of an fyi thing in case someone notices they lost way more :uhoh:

No, it just closes the window/tab, and if you have the thread still open it brings you there, at least with my tabbed browsing.

So if User A posts a link in thread A to a post in thread B, and then User B clicks the link, they get brought just to the post without the context of a thread they might not have seen yet, which is why I like the old way better.

At least I think that's how it works, lemme test it with an arbitrary link.

http://forum.interference.com/showpost.php?p=5170797&postcount=190

OOooooh Ok. So when you click that link you get brought to just the post. When you click "close this window" it goes away. If you click the upper right link to the thread, THEN it brings you to the post within the thread.

So if you wanna link to a post within a thread, you have to go through extra steps. I'm only "complaining" because all the other changes make my Interference use faster and better and this seems to go the other way. There are probably other issues to solve and things to add that are more important, but I still whine a lot. :wink:

I had no questions until I scrolled down to the bottom, and I see that I may not post new threads. I don't want to, but I'm just wondering why not?

Thanks! :D

i don't know if this has been said, but i'm missing some posts. i should have (including this post) 29954 posts. but that's not a big deal, losing less than 100 posts doesn't matter. it's more of an fyi thing in case someone notices they lost way more :uhoh:

WEIRD, my count is right (well I guess I wouldn't notice 10-20 posts). Maybe it's something to do with being a mod?

People actually know how many posts they have and pay attention to that? Wow. I had no idea how many I had until this moment. I don't know what FOB means either. Friend of Bono? :reject:

so.. I got a reply mail... I opened a new window and all I get are those damn Red Xs

but on the original window, Interference looks great... :|

I had no questions until I scrolled down to the bottom, and I see that I may not post new threads. I don't want to, but I'm just wondering why not?

Thanks! :D

I believe only Admins can post threads in this forum.

If you are having login issues, I would suggest using the logout feature in the top right corner to force a logout which will clear your cookies from this site (see attachment). Then login in again but make sure to check the Remember Me box on the login!

If you still have problems it's probably because of cookies. If you know how you can go into your browsers options and delete all cookies from interference.com and that should do the trick. Don't forget to click the Remember Me box, you would be surprised how many people fail to check that.

Andy, fyi, I`ve had to log in a bunch of times, too. Every time I have, if I check the Remember Me box and then click, on the very next page that loads, I show up as not logged in again. If I don`t check Remember Me, I do end up logged in for a while, but eventually I'm logged out and have to log in again.

Okay, Biff`s avi isn`t showing either? If I recall correctly, she was using the old smaller size, too. :hmm:

It's a new feature built in for the special people.
Okay, I see on the Friends List that there's a link off to the side that says "break friendship." :lmao:

Be good to me people, or I'll be forced to use this. :mad:

:uhoh:

Also, I've just noticed some people's avatar's are missing. Biff and Doozer.....

Damn you VP, you've blinded me! :angry:
You're contagious!

Dude, I like this. :D But...not..enough...time...to....explore! Too....busy....playing....with....new....Wii! ;)

2 more comments.

1) I really like the new format except for 2 things. I wish the time stamp of the post was still over the post content and not the user info. And I think the big white box and white background around the reply box is fugly, I like the old blue background with a grey box. Minor, but I really like everything else.

2) So some other people were appreciating the "New Post" button that can be found at the top of the thread: Usercp / blogs / faq / members list / calendar / new posts / quick links / log out

I'm non-premium, and I see Usercp / blogs / faq / members list / calendar / quick links / log out. KhanadaRhodes gave me a link directly to the new posts thing and it gave me the "permission denied" message like it does for premium features. Incidentally, I also get this message if I click on the member list.

I'm not sure if you guys realized this so I thought I'd post about it. It would be nice for everyone to be able to click a "new posts" link; that doesn't seem like it's out of line with other non-premium features (link to this post, go to unread post, etc...it's definitely not on the level of searching or pm's). Plus it's really weird that one premium feature (member list) shows up on my screen for me to be "permission denied" but another doesn't....

Did the news section get moved?

What does the * or the + by people's names who are currently browsing mean?
iirc, * means they're invisible, and + means they're a mutual friend of yours :D

oh and btw, he's too lazy to post in here but dalton was having problems with his avatar as well. he went to the place in user cp to change his avatar, but he said there was no spot to have a custom avatar, just to select from the forum ones. are non-prems only allowed to choose these?

To those of you all who were having login problems, I think I found the settings which could have been causing them. I have made some adjustments and I hope that should have fixed things. If possible, please report back and let us know if you are still having the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom