New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I see for avatars on both of you is a little question mark in a box. I am on a different computer than usual though, so that could be it.

As long as I can see kitten pics I'm happy, but if the kitten pics are screwed up I'll be on the warpath. :)

We are working still on many of these things. Keep posting questions and issues and we'll continue to work through the questions and issues.

:scream: and the 30 second rule is back, even for premiums!

I was all excited about my non-premium ability to have a sig, read 3 years worth of Happy Birthday PMs from Elvis, etc, but maybe they haven't differentiated yet, especially because it is no longer saying who is premium.

I really, really, really like the little dot that shows if a user is online.

I can see the avatars.. but when I go to the incoming friends request, I see my budy list... yet the first buddy is a grey box with a question mark, and it has no name or whatever :scratch: what's that supposed to mean?

We are working still on many of these things. Keep posting questions and issues and we'll continue to work through the questions and issues.

Thanks, can someone tell me though if I should be getting email notifications at all from Interference?

I just used the buddy list feature for the first time ever...I never tried before so I'm not sure if that's something new for non-Premium or if I'm just a late adapter.

OOOOOH cool in quick reply you can now make the text box bigger with the little arrows in the right. I don't get what "editor mode" is though...anyone? (oh it shows you all the formatting html style rather than the final product)

colored text in quick reply? :hmm:

Last edited:
wayne try right clicking the spot where their avis would be, I did that with bris and chose show pic and now it's always there :shrug:

But I still can't find where the invisible option is. I checked a few places. Maybe I'll look later.
:

To make yourself 'invisible':

Go to your user CP
Under 'Settings and options' on the left side click 'options'
First option listed should be box to check if you want to be in invisible mode

ok perhaps why people can't see VP's and Bri's avatar is because they use the standard avatars from the old interference forum? :hmm: tho I can see them just fine!

Hello

cool hyperlinking is much easier/faster

and images inserted don't automatically get stuck to the bottom of your post
thumbs-up.gif
and get displayed in the response box as the image and not a code!!!!

hmmm different fonts and much easier formatting for :flirt: adding smilies going bold and such.

/using this thread to experiment with formatting...
...holy shit you can justify stuff to the center and right!

and tab

• and
  • make
  • an
  • outline

To make yourself 'invisible':

Go to your user CP
Under 'Settings and options' on the left side click 'options'
First option listed should be box to check if you want to be in invisible mode

I still don't see that, and I've checked that spot numerous times. The first "section" I see is:

Edit Options: Lila64
Login & Privacy
Allow vCard DownloadYou may choose to allow other users to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

If you want to keep your email address private, do not allow vCard downloads.
Allow vCard Download

:shrug:

I know there are tons of bugs and tweaks left to address. This was a HUGE upgrade and we are working to restore things as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience and feedback. Please keep helping each other (when possible) and reporting bugs and features that are not working here. We are taking them, putting them into a tracking system and then working off that list to get things fixed. It's probably going to take a few days (maybe even weeks) to get everything just perfect but at least we have an updated foundation in place for the future. The software changed considerably since the last upgrade and from now on they will be a lot easier.

Thanks, can someone tell me though if I should be getting email notifications at all from Interference?

Hopefully Janet or one of the techies is checking this feature, I had never opted to do this before but I changed my settings to get an email notification when I get a PM, and haven't received an email...

I need to leave for awhile... :uhoh: I'm gonna let them get everything worked out before I just keep coming up with more questions :lol:

It's very pretty, and I'm glad it's finally bad :up:

Of course, there are still glitches :wink:

So far:

Where are the quick reply smilies?

Why are Bri and VP avatarless? :scream: In Firefox it's just a blank space and a text link that goes to their profiles. In IE it's a broken image that links to their profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom