New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are a hoot.

snidleybono.jpg

:kiss:

What about this picture isn't welcoming?

It's perfect!

This should pop up from the bottom of your screen when you come on the site. Who could resist signing up when you get a personal greeting from Bono like this?

Who I say, who!?

Can I say that I fucking hate that "Buy 2 CDs, get one free" banner from amazon.com?! The rest of the page refuses to load until the animated gif is completely done and it makes me want to put my fist thru the computer! :banghead:

On the browser status bar below, does it say tag.contextweb.com ?
Whenever this specific ad loads, the forum really stalls for loading. It's driving me crazy too. I've already notified Andy of the problem.

I'm not sure what it says, I don't see it. But it's that ad with all the CD covers and then they open and close. Then the message comes up.. buy 2 CDs get 1 free from amazon. And only then does the page load! :crack:

Now for some reason since I complained, it's loading real quickly! :rolleyes::lol:

I dunno if this is at all related to that ad, but tonight, when I've been clicking on threads and stuff randomly the page won't load. Well, it *says* it finished loading but it's just a blank white page....
I've never had this happen before but it's happened a bunch of times tonight.....:huh:

And I'm not having this issue on other sites I'm looking at...

That sounds like a separate issue. Try clearing your interference cookies and log in again.

Are you F*ing serious? I'm getting a circuit City ad now that pops out onto the screen. I'm getting fed up.

I got that same ad and immediately came here. Those ads barely work on my computer, and take forever to load and close. I'm totally against them.

I haven't gotten any pop-ups yet, but I've noticed today it's taking forever for the page to load, because of google ads.

And I'm still just as annoyed by the placement of the banner ad at the top, as I was when it was first moved down. I still think it's BS that I'm paying for a site that subjects me to ads. I seriously doubt that I'll be renewing my premium. What's the point?

I've asked Andy to respond here, but I can say that he is working on a type of system so that premiums will be able to turn off ads. Perhaps he can explain it in more detail.

I have contacted the ad network and requested they no longer show those expanding ads.

Sicy is correct, I have been working on a way for upgraded members to disable the ads. I have a few more steps in the setup before it can be rolled out but it should not be more then another week or so. Hang tight and look for an announcement soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom