New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see that, and I've checked that spot numerous times. The first "section" I see is:

Edit Options: Lila64
Login & Privacy
Allow vCard DownloadYou may choose to allow other users to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

If you want to keep your email address private, do not allow vCard downloads.
Allow vCard Download

:shrug:

I don't see it, either.

Funny thing is, when I first came back on, it showed I was invisible. Now I'm not. :lol:

I can see Bri's avatar now
whew.gif

Thanks for all the hard work guys :hi5:

Oh, and the things I'm posting - I'm not trying to whine, just posting the things I notice or that aren't working for me.

ETA: Elfa - tried sending you a PM. Hopefully you get it :flirt:

Last edited:
I know there are tons of bugs and tweaks left to address. This was a HUGE upgrade and we are working to restore things as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience and feedback. Please keep helping each other (when possible) and reporting bugs and features that are not working here. We are taking them, putting them into a tracking system and then working off that list to get things fixed. It's probably going to take a few days (maybe even weeks) to get everything just perfect but at least we have an updated foundation in place for the future. The software changed considerably since the last upgrade and from now on they will be a lot easier.

I think I'm going to be really happy with the new forum - the new features simplify and modernize Interference and it'll save me lots of time and a little frustration when posting....so I can use that time posting some more! :wink:

I know you guys are really busy and I've been admiring the new features but I have a few questions if you have a chance.

1) Why is my status now "registered user" and not ONE etc etc? :sad: I poked around, a few other users also seem to have this problem. And will you go back to showing if people are Premium?

2) It looks like some of the premium benefits are missing (15 seconds) and I've got some new stuff available to me (PMs, sig) which I love but I know you'll ironing out the details still. Basically at some point I'd love to see a list of features available to non-premium and premium users. (I'm probably going premium when I have a salary in the fall anyway, but it'd be cool to see all the features listed out.) Especially because with the new access I'm now wondering if I can search or send PMs and I'm just too dumb to figure out how, or if those features still aren't available to me.

Again I really like all the changes and improved user-friendliness...I just wanna say for like the umpteenth tired time that I would :drool: over embedded video... [VID]link[/VID] would be fantastic. :reject:

Oh and also some sort of popup to notify you if a thread has been updated since you loaded the page with a link to "refresh" would be freakin' sweet. And you'd get more pageviews for those new ads!

Last edited:
Why are Bri and VP avatarless? :scream: In Firefox it's just a blank space and a text link that goes to their profiles. In IE it's a broken image that links to their profiles.

It's a new feature built in for the special people. :sexywink:

Okay, I see on the Friends List that there's a link off to the side that says "break friendship." :lmao:

Be good to me people, or I'll be forced to use this. :mad:

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been brought up or if I need to click something, but the site clock is wrong.

The premium non premium thing is still being worked on and straightened out. So yeah it looks like non prems are temporarily enjoying some perks, and premiums are having some problems with certain features like the 'extra' features Elvis added later, like the custom status'.

Some users titles are messed up, we're aware, working on that too. Hang tight! :D

The premium non premium thing is still being worked on and straightened out. So yeah it looks like non prems are temporarily enjoying some perks, and premiums are having some problems with certain features like the 'extra' features Elvis added later, like the custom status'.

Some users titles are messed up, we're aware, working on that too. Hang tight! :D

Thanks for the update. Keep em' coming. :D

Ooh this is nice but definitely needs some getting used to. The first thing I noticed that I love are the varying shades of blue between the side panel and the main post section. That wasn't like that before, was it? :shifty: Anyway, I can't wait to explore the new features! :hyper: Btw, it asked me to login once again just to reply to this thread. :scratch:

It'll take a while to get used to things, but I like the look of it.

However, I don't like the look of me! I've lost my avatar.:(

Why, and what do I do?

Ooh this is nice but definitely needs some getting used to. The first thing I noticed that I love are the varying shades of blue between the side panel and the main post section. That wasn't like that before, was it? :shifty: Anyway, I can't wait to explore the new features! :hyper: Btw, it asked me to login once again just to reply to this thread. :scratch:

That's new, the two shades used to alternate every other post. This looks a little spiffier and now you don't have to be on the right every other post to do this.

The forum just logged everyone out btw, don't take it personally.

edit - nooooo, the hidden text color that matches the blue of the forum doesn't work on this color scheme. Also, once I change font color, how do I change back to default blue instead of black? Is it this blue? I don't think so...the default color should be clear in the color palette if that's possible.

Maybe if I cut and paste from when I was in that color it'll come back...

Edit 2 - yeah it was that blue, both worked

Last edited:
Btw, it asked me to login once again just to reply to this thread. :scratch:
If you are having login issues, I would suggest using the logout feature in the top right corner to force a logout which will clear your cookies from this site (see attachment). Then login in again but make sure to check the Remember Me box on the login!

If you still have problems it's probably because of cookies. If you know how you can go into your browsers options and delete all cookies from interference.com and that should do the trick. Don't forget to click the Remember Me box, you would be surprised how many people fail to check that.

Attachments

• logout.gif
    logout.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 9
  • remember me.gif
    remember me.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 32
If you want to use blue-coloured text to make it invisible, you can use the hexcode for the exact colour of the post background. Use the colour bbcode, but change the colour name to #7DC9F7, and you'll get your invisible text:

Highlight:
Invisible teeeext! oooh la la

One change that I don't like that maybe you guys could fix - Instead of "link to this post" which was a fabulous feature, we now click on the post number. But then you get the post alone without the context of the rest of the thread. Is there a way to make it work like it used to and just bring you to the right part of the thread?

If you want to use blue-coloured text to make it invisible, you can use the hexcode for the exact colour of the post background. Use the colour bbcode, but change the colour name to #7DC9F7, and you'll get your invisible text:

Highlight:
Invisible teeeext! oooh la la

thanks, how the hell am I gonna remember that code though!

One change that I don't like that maybe you guys could fix - Instead of "link to this post" which was a fabulous feature, we now click on the post number. But then you get the post alone without the context of the rest of the thread. Is there a way to make it work like it used to and just bring you to the right part of the thread?

Click 'close window' on that screen and it will take you back to the post in the right spot in the thread.

Also if you use firefox, you can just right click on the post link and choose copy link location. Saves a few steps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom