New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though... - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:34 PM   #541
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:16 PM
When I click on More to get more Smilies, both in Quick Reply or in Quote, instead of more smilies, it just says I get Members With the Most Buddy Connections, Most Ignored Users, and Members Who Ignore Most Users.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:48 PM   #542
She's the One

Local Time: 11:16 AM
There are still unread posts that are showing as read.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #543
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
Members With the Most Buddy Connections, Most Ignored Users, and Members Who Ignore Most Users.

Wait....we can see this information somewhere? where?
Old 05-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #544
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
When I click on More to get more Smilies, both in Quick Reply or in Quote, instead of more smilies, it just says I get Members With the Most Buddy Connections, Most Ignored Users, and Members Who Ignore Most Users.

Yeah I noticed that today too I emailed Andy & Jeff.

Since its the weekend I don't think they're working too much on the site, but I'm sure they'll be at it again next week.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:40 AM   #545
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
Here's a problem I just ran into...

I clicked on a member's name to see where he/she had previously posted. I got the message that I had to wait 30 seconds between searches
After I waited the 30 seconds and saw the list, I clicked on the post that the person had posted or quoted, and I got one of those error message about No Thread Specified or something like that. I don't necessarily want to go to the thread and have to search thru pages to find the specific post. On the old forum, it would take you right to that post.
Can a mod/tech person let me know if this is being looked into. I don't mean to whine, but this is the 3rd time I mention it, and it hasn't been acknowledged yet. Maddy said it happened to her as well.

Another thing I JUST noticed was that when I clicked on "New Posts", it showed one page of new posts. Before this, I could choose from what page of "new posts" I wanted to go to. I liked it. Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
Old 05-26-2008, 01:19 AM   #546
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Great work to all involved!

I have two questions...

1.In the initial thread announcing that the forum was going to be updated, someone asked whether or not we would be able to embed videos, and Andy said that we would. I was just wondering if that is possible yet, and if so, how?

2.When posting new posts, I noticed that there are now buttons for 'html tags' and 'php tags'. Does this mean that we can use html in posts, or is it simply a mechanism for programmers and people who use code to post code without having other auto-formatting tools mess it up?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #547
Blue Crack Addict

I just tried to get more smileys for a post and I got a screen showng this;

"Members with the most Buddy Connections
User Buddies

Most Ignored Users
User Ignored

Members who Ignore Most Users
User Ignores"
Old 05-26-2008, 02:06 AM   #548
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Edge89 View Post
It's handy to check the RSS to see if something new is posted.
Any idea where/when I can get them again?
Well?
I didn't find an answer looking through the 33 last pages, so I'm sorry if you already answered me once before. You're all doing a terrific job!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #549
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
I just tried to get more smileys for a post and I got a screen showng this; ...
Sicy just addressed that a few posts above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
Can a mod/tech person let me know if this is being looked into. I don't mean to whine, but this is the 3rd time I mention it, and it hasn't been acknowledged yet. Maddy said it happened to her as well.

Another thing I JUST noticed was that when I clicked on "New Posts", it showed one page of new posts. Before this, I could choose from what page of "new posts" I wanted to go to. I liked it. Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
I'm not having the problem you're describing with checking for previous posts; I checked for yours just now and it worked fine, no 30-second notice and I was able to go directly to the first post I clicked on. Are you sure you were still logged in when that happened?

When I clicked "New Posts" I got three pages; I'm afraid I'm not in a position to compare to the old site though, because I've never used that function. Are you saying it doesn't go back far enough? Have you also tried the Today's Posts function under Quick Links?
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
1.In the initial thread announcing that the forum was going to be updated, someone asked whether or not we would be able to embed videos, and Andy said that we would. I was just wondering if that is possible yet, and if so, how?

2.When posting new posts, I noticed that there are now buttons for 'html tags' and 'php tags'. Does this mean that we can use html in posts, or is it simply a mechanism for programmers and people who use code to post code without having other auto-formatting tools mess it up?
No, the embedded video capacity isn't there yet...it's definitely still in the works, but right now top priority is basic functions that aren't working the way they should. Sorry, but I don't personally know the answer to your second question. Like Sicy said, some of these questions may have to wait until Andy and Jeff return from their weekend.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 05-26-2008, 02:18 AM   #550
Blue Crack Distributor

[QUOTE=yolland;5180519]

I'm not having the problem you're describing with checking for previous posts; I checked for yours just now and it worked fine, no 30-second notice and I was able to go directly to the first post I clicked on. Are you sure you were still logged in when that happened?

When I clicked "New Posts" I got three pages; I'm afraid I'm not in a position to compare to the old site though, because I've never used that function. Are you saying it doesn't go back far enough? Have you also tried the Today's Posts function under Quick Links?

[QUOTE]

Let me see if I can describe it more clearly.
If I click on your name and 'find more posts' by user (you in this example), I get taken to a list (like I would in the old forum). If I scroll down to find a post you made at 11:24 in the US 2008 Presidential Campaign... thread, and it starts off '100 posts is a bit...'. I click on the hyperlinked post to take me to your post IN that thread, and I get the 'No Thread Specified, yada yada, contact adminstrator'.

Oh, and I'm ALWAYS logged in
Old 05-26-2008, 02:31 AM   #551
Forum Moderator

Hmmm, well OK now I'm getting that error too. Which is really strange, because I understood what you meant the first time and just a couple minutes ago it worked for me when I tried clicking into one of your posts from your Previous Posts page...but now it's not working. Erm, we'll have to add this one to the 'bugs to fix' list then, I guess.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 05-26-2008, 02:41 AM   #552
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

That is the same error message as clicking on the last post of a thread/forum on the main forum page. I've let them know about these errors several times. I dont know what else I can do, sorry.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:41 AM   #553
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Edge89 View Post
Well?
I didn't find an answer looking through the 33 last pages, so I'm sorry if you already answered me once before. You're all doing a terrific job!
This is something Joel had added to the old forum. I would imagine they need to re-add them.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:07 AM   #554
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
This is something Joel had added to the old forum. I would imagine they need to re-add them.
Thanks for letting me know, Sicy.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #555
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
Hmmm, well OK now I'm getting that error too. Which is really strange, because I understood what you meant the first time and just a couple minutes ago it worked for me when I tried clicking into one of your posts from your Previous Posts page...but now it's not working. Erm, we'll have to add this one to the 'bugs to fix' list then, I guess.
I've tried that too, and it seems it does work in some specific threads.

I've visited a friends profile and all her links to the "Music on the internet" thread work, the others, don't...

Tags
new beginnings