New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a button next to the quote button on each person's post. You just click that on the posts you want to quote and they will turn red (they are now selected). Then scroll down to the bottom and hit the reply button.

aha! thanks for asking that arw, I was just about to think to ask someone /bc my mind is more befuddled off & on these reccent days. :huh: :lol:

thanks Sicy!...yeah I really see that button now....i sort of ignored it b/c i thot it was a premium feature.

I've noticed another instance of the dreaded red x's. In the quick reply box at the bottom, when you click on "more" to get more smilies, none of them are showing up - I just get the red x. You can click on them though, and they do show up in the message box. I've tried logging out, right clicking on them, etc. and the image doesn't appear in the little pop-up. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing that, but I thought I'd bring it up, just in case.

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys are doing - I absolutely love the new look!

Thora I'm not having that problem.
Can you try clearing you cache/cookies, close browser, then log out then log back in.

Thora I'm not having that problem.
Can you try clearing you cache/cookies, close browser, then log out then log back in.

I just did that, and I'm still seeing the red x's. Weird. I'm at work right now, so I don't know if I'm having the same problem on my home computer...

Ok where are you guys at when you're getting the red x's. Please tell me exactly what part of the forum, and give me links. And Lila, where did you get that link from? Where were you when you got that link? We need to try to find out where it came from before we can fix it.

SICY........

I don't know if this info will be of any help...........

BEFORE you all upgraded the forum>>>>>>
when I was at this set of eMacs (in an organization) the Avi's were ( I think) red X's,
the smiley's fron this site were the turquoisey boxes with the white '?' in the center- yet other's imported smiley's showed up (like Lila's/wild's) fine! :scratch:
And most photo's showed up fine.

NOW when I am here (at same organization) everything shows up fine at those SAME eMACS.

When I went to the Net Cafe which had PC's I saw everything just fine.
When I go there NOW everything STILL shows up fine there.

What browser are you guys using? Does it matter if you're on firefox or IE?

In IE try this, go to tools, internet options and add interference to the list of trusted sites. I dont know if it will work but until we can figure out what the problem is just try it.

trusted.jpg

i've been wondering about the red x smilies for a while too. I just tried the above suggestion and still get red x's. When the more option loads, I get a little exclaimation point at the bottom of my page that says "error on page"

The computer I'm on now is the 3rd computer I've used with the new form and i've gotten red x's on all of them.

testing

and yes, all the smilies are showing up now in the 'more smilies' pop up box
Smilie List - U2 Feedback

Did the same thing I told you about before Sicy. Perhaps someone made some change(s)? I also rebooted since that time (for other reasons)

You could be running some kind of security software that's interfering with some images here (norton perhaps? http://forum.interference.com/f235/all-images-site-arent-showing-up-whats-wrong-89568.html ), or your work could be blocking them.. I really don't know, I see all of them fine. :shrug:

I don't see them on my home or work computers.

Ok where are you guys at when you're getting the red x's. Please tell me exactly what part of the forum, and give me links.
This thread. In every other thread I've looked at so far in the last few minutes (Photos thread, Temple Bar, etc.) I'm still seeing them, when I use IE.

What browser are you guys using? Does it matter if you're on firefox or IE?

I've been using IE at work, but am getting Firefox installed on my computer this week. At home I use Firefox, and I can see all the images just fine.

It must be something screwy with my IE - another good reason to use Firefox! :wink:

i've been wondering about the red x smilies for a while too. I just tried the above suggestion and still get red x's. When the more option loads, I get a little exclaimation point at the bottom of my page that says "error on page"

The computer I'm on now is the 3rd computer I've used with the new form and i've gotten red x's on all of them.

I was getting the "error on page" thing too but I've just noticed that it's gone :applaud:

I only see the red x's too, but I can't add Interference to the trusted sites because it prompts me that only sites that use the https prefix can be placed on that list. I use IE, maybe I just won't be able to see them if I use it.

now using a pc at uni, still red xes when I hit more in the quick reply box!
I thought it might've been my proxy at home, but that's not it then :scratch:

I use a Mac and Safari at home and have no problems but on the PC i use at work it has IE and i've had a few red x's when ive been using that PC, not just with this site but with ebay aswell so i can't see any pics. :grumpy:

Firefox ftw for PC's. :love:

That's a problem with your computer/browser/work.

I have at least 3 friends that cant see photobucket pictures from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom