New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when you click on a thread you get taken to the last post in the thread and sometimes you get taken to the top of the last page and then have to scroll down.

An example is this thread; when I clicked on the thread from the main forum page, it took me to the top of the thread, but when I click on another thread (one in the LS stand for instance) it took me to the last post :scratch:

I hope I explained that correctly...

how do I go to the photo gallery?

I mean, I saved a direct link someone posted, but if I go from the main home page, and hit the "photo's" button at the top, I get the forum main page.

In fact the last 4 buttons (community, contact us, links and photos) lead to the forum..

I'm not sure that they have set these buttons up yet. I'll let them know.
If you are premium, try going to your profile, and you can add a photo album there on the right hand side. We were previously having some problems with this but this should be fixed now.

Sometimes when you click on a thread you get taken to the last post in the thread and sometimes you get taken to the top of the last page and then have to scroll down.

An example is this thread; when I clicked on the thread from the main forum page, it took me to the top of the thread, but when I click on another thread (one in the LS stand for instance) it took me to the last post :scratch:

I hope I explained that correctly...

Where exactly are you clicking?

Where exactly are you clicking?

ok, from the main forum - which takes me to the last unread post so I get that:

thread1.jpg

In a sub forum - which takes me to the top of the page, shouldn't it take me to the last post?:

thread2.jpg

No you should still be clicking the little arrow next to marthas name, because that is the last post. You're just clicking on the last page, so it will take you to the top of that page.

how do I go to the photo gallery?

I mean, I saved a direct link someone posted, but if I go from the main home page, and hit the "photo's" button at the top, I get the forum main page.

In fact the last 4 buttons (community, contact us, links and photos) lead to the forum..

Ok, community (working), contact us (fixed), links(in progress) and photos (fixed) :up:

Never a thanks :sigh:
I do appreciate all your work. When I mentioned the gallery problem, it wasn't addressed.
Where does this link exist in real life. I've only ever seen it in this thread.

*edit I guess you mean clicking on specific letters to find specific members galleries?

Letting them know now.

That's what I meant. Thank you.

I was very excited to find the galleries were back. Now that they work, I'm even more excited.

I do appreciate all your work. When I mentioned the gallery problem, it wasn't addressed.
Where does this link exist in real life. I've only ever seen it in this thread.

Ok on Interference go to Photos, then on the upper left click on Member Galleries.

Also, you should be able to create photo albums in your profile as well. If you go to your profile, on the right hand side column there is a place to add pics/albums.

The member index for the galleries still isn't working.
Thanks for reporting that. We are planning to upgrade the photo gallery software soon so I don't think we will take the time to troubleshoot this at the moment (since we plan changes to the system shortly). Look for more news about the photo galleries soon.

This is not a big deal but... with the new system of rating threads, when you rate a thread as 1 star, it actually looks like you're giving it props cos that one star looks impressive compared to threads with no stars. :lol: Get what I mean? I think the problem is the lack of shadow for the remaining 4 stars (like on the old system). Then it would look like 1 out of 5 stars instead of simply 1star. Anyway, it's just something I found amusing.

I kind of like that better. It doesnt look quite as mean :reject:

I agree. But it defeats the whole purpose of giving a thread 1 star. It's like giving the person a cookie like... here, have a star! lol.

I guess ideally to avoid being mean, the feature should be completely removed. But it's fun to rate good threads 5 stars though. :slant:

:sad: Ok, now when I click the little arrow to got to the last post in a thread, it takes me to the FIRST post :madwife:

When you post a visitor message,it's still not possible to use the smilie feature..

The button is there, but that's about it :reject:
It is not so bad for the popular ones, I know them by heart but not the other, less used smilies :shifty:

Edit: I have another question; since I haven't recieved a PM yet since the renewal, do we still get a message (pop up box) as notification?
It usually worked (not always though) on the old board.
I did get visitor messages and they don't give a popup either, but that's ok, I know you can see if you have any PM's on the top right (log in zone), But it would be handy to get a popup while we're online and don't notice the top right changes.. (don't know if I'm making sense at all..)

When you post a visitor message,it's still not possible to use the smilie feature..

The button is there, but that's about it :reject:
It is not so bad for the popular ones, I know them by heart but not the other, less used smilies :shifty:

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom