New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh noes! I just noticed that there's no button at the bottom of posts anymore to PM the poster!

Does this fall into the category of being too problematic to add to the new format?

VP if you point to the persons name above their avi (you might have to click too) it will show a drop down that includes PMing the person.

Last edited:
^ Just click on their username in any post and an options menu will pull up, including sending a PM.

btw... is there an easy way to check the whole premium status thing on our accounts?

Ok I checked my premium status thru Paypal so I'm fine there, ignore that part of my original question, but I still think it would be nice if there was a way to check on our accounts on this site.

and I still can't make a gallery :(

bonocomet please be patient. I know its hard. But there are SO many behind the scenes problems that are being worked on that are so much more major than a lot of these little issues. I am also feeling impatient on a lot of things but I am just making a list and trying to let them get to them when they can.

no problem, I'm not impatient, sorry if it seemed that way. Just wanted to let you know the premium status thing was just a suggestion, I didn't need help with it anymore.
Sorry :reject: You guys are doin great.

bouquet-brights.jpg

Big thanks to all you guys behind the scenes, putting in all this hard work to get everything up and running. You're doing an awesome job!

holy shit

i didnt realise how big we were talking here...

will take a bit of getting used to.

meanwhile, i have spent the last two days going to www.u2news.com and keep getting that message with the line from discotheque.... luckily i thought to try Interference otherwise i woulda been offline for ages!!!!!

theres a lot of white around this quick reply box.... :shifty:

but on the other hand THIS wrap tags thing is pretty cool.

Can I ask what's up with the new friend system?
I love the notifications thing, but what's with the thing that I'm being buddied by people who have been my buddies for years? Is that another glitch?

one thing i just noticed... if you post a reply it doesnt autmatically take you to the post. not major at all, i jus' sayin.

Some people have mentioned this, I've taken note.

Can I ask what's up with the new friend system?
I love the notifications thing, but what's with the thing that I'm being buddied by people who have been my buddies for years? Is that another glitch?

Somewhere in this thread I sort of explained it..

Yes. It seems your 'buddy' list will still be there (contacts) but you have to friend request each other to be on your 'friends' list. I know its a little confusing. I think because some features like blogs allow you to just have your 'friends' be able to comment, etc.

Oh ya you can click the arrow by my name in that quote and see the rest of the discussion :hmm:

:sad: Why is there now 30 seconds wait between posting.....I thought I'd done so good getting Joel to reduce the 45sec to 15sec on the old interference.....now I'm getting 30d
all the time :sad:

I just got here and I'm still at the beginning of exploring the new board (which looks great BTW), but I haven't read into the full 15 pages here yet :reject:

I noticed I got logged out several times, so I cleared cookies and hope for the better now.

I do have (a first) question though; is it possible to put the local time of each poster back (under the avatar) as it used to be??
Sometimes it is quite handy to know what time it is in their parts of the world (or just to try and find out in which parts ppl live)

Sorry if this has been adressed before (I will try to get through the this topic from the start, promise ;) )

This is a very basic and possibly quite dumb question, but I was just updating my profile and would like to know why I cannot look at my own user profile. Is this only for premium members?

How come that in this thread, in all the quote boxes,there is no little arrow behind the the posters name (to take you to the initial post's place in that thread)

http://forum.interference.com/f196/...m-u2-move-album-sessions-france-186544-5.html

It appears that those posts are from before the forum upgrade. Continuing through the thread, you can see that little linked arrow in quoted replies...but those are replies made after the upgrade.

Also, when you quote someone now, you can delete the semi-colon and the numbers after their name in the code that comes up, and the linked arrow won't appear. Just an FYI, in case you see new quoted replies that don't have the linked arrow.

I replaced the icon in the address bar. You may need to clear your browser cache before you begin seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom