New Features - Embedded Videos & Strikethrough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
We can now embed videos in our posts from sites like YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..
Not all sites will embed the videos, but the major ones should embed them just fine.

YouTube - U2 Bono & Edge Happy Birthday Nelson Mandela at 90 concert

We also now have the strike through feature.
There is an icon on the reply box that looks like this:
strike.gif
It will generate the code [ / strike].
You can use it to strike through words in your posts.

YES

I will love this so much when I am back on a computer that can actually use video.

I whined a lot for this so thank you thank you thank you for this feature! :D

lol you just copy and paste the link in your post and it should automatically embed :)

Youtube links that I post do not seem to work in the embeded format! It says "video is no longer available" every single time. It only works if I click on the title and play it directly at the youtube site. But videos other people embed are working just fine.

:huh:

Youtube links that I post do not seem to work in the embeded format! It says "video is no longer available" every single time. It only works if I click on the title and play it directly at the youtube site. But videos other people embed are working just fine.

:huh:
it could be the videos do not allow embedding. when you go to the actual youtube page, where the video is, look to the right. there should be a box with the direct link, and under that is the embed code. if it says "embedding disabled by request" or whatever, then it'll come up like that. :)

it could be the videos do not allow embedding. when you go to the actual youtube page, where the video is, look to the right. there should be a box with the direct link, and under that is the embed code. if it says "embedding disabled by request" or whatever, then it'll come up like that. :)

Oh really? I didn't know that. But still some videos play once or twice in embeded format but later just stop playing. I dunno, I will look out for that message on YouTube.

Oh really? I didn't know that. But still some videos play once or twice in embeded format but later just stop playing. I dunno, I will look out for that message on YouTube.
yeah. i think it's kind of lame personally because who cares if a video is embedded somewhere else or not? i've only uploaded a couple vids there but i didn't care if someone wanted to embed them. i'm not sure if you can change that setting after you've uploaded them or not so i'm not sure if that's also why they'll work at first here and not later. i guess it can be chalked up to you picking screwy videos. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom