NEW: Comprehensive Ignore System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This feature amuses me to no end. Most of you are on here because you, for various reasons I'm sure, don't connect with people in the real world and NOW you can ignore people in cyber world as well.

Soon your only friends will be the voices in your head ...

8 years and fourteen thousand posts later, and you are telling people here they have a problem connecting w/ people in the real world?

:lol:

This feature amuses me to no end. Most of you are on here because you, for various reasons I'm sure, don't connect with people in the real world and NOW you can ignore people in cyber world as well.

Soon your only friends will be the voices in your head ...

I can't decide whether the internets turned me into a social outcast or whether I already was one before I found the internets.

It's kind of a chicken and egg situation.

I can't decide whether the internets turned me into a social outcast or whether I already was one before I found the internets.

It's kind of a chicken and egg situation.

I witnessed an odd thing the other evening. Whilst driving home late, and a bit drunk i might add, i noticed a group of rowdy boys off in the bushes milling about near the freeway. They were trying to be discreet i suppose, but i noticed them even though i was clearly seeing double.

I'm trying to marry the correct words and phrases here, don't laugh though or you are guilty too. Or so i tell myself.

I passed by the pack of mischief when i heard the impact of something on the outside of my car. I hit the brakes and skidded off of the road into the ditch where my car would sit for a night or two until i was sober enought to call the wrecker.

Frightened, the boys ran off towards a church in the distance, but not without me chasing them like a raving lunatic. I used to be able to run as fast as these lads, but you always seem to run a bit faster when your ass is on the line and you haven't pissed yourself for 6 hours straight.

I gave up chase and headed back towards the wreck in the ditch, smoking a cigarette and drinking for the small tumbler in my pocket. On the pathway back towards the road i trampled through the bushes the boys had been using for cover. This is where i noticed a pile of fresh dead chickens the boys had been using for ammo to pelt unsuspecting motorists.

It dawned on me that back in my youthful days, before i turned to booze, girls, guns, & Jesus, i was once a rowdy boy myself running with a pack of dogs like these. The difference is, our gang would simply throw eggs at the passing cars. Not the mother of all eggs.

Damnit we are all gonna get blown away by tornados tonight.

I think ill take to the bottle, for im no chicken. Might have to become some new egg all over again, somewhere.

If i came back as a tiger, well, that would be cool. Or a lion, cause they dont do shit. Let the women do all the work, raise the cubs, "prepare" the feast, etc. Kind of like Ann Romney.

So maybe i can find me a lioness like Ann Romney, and when the cubs are old enough i will kick them out of the pride, on their asses, and then we can have a bunch more cubs.

WTF am i talking about? I have no idea....

i do hope the storms dont kill us all 2night....we can be as 1....2night

2night
2night

We did fine, thanks for asking.

However the town of Woodward Oklahoma, 100 miles northwest of here, got hit a little after midnight by a big tornado and there were 5 people killed and dozens injured. :(

Also i think Kansas got slammed pretty bad as well.

Is there any chance the even more comprehensive ignore system could be made still even more comprehensive? What I have in mind is a system whereby I don't see anything at all except for those threads and posts which were posted by me myself. I think it's an entirely reasonable suggestion. I'd also like a Yesbot, which is a bot that agrees with all my posts. Also, I'd like the private messaging system to include an out of office autoreply, I have one of these at work, can't see why I can't have it here. I think that's it for the moment, will let you know if I think of anything further.

Tks in advance, guys, you rock.

You could always subscribe to those threads and simply check that.

And put all forums you don't read or post on ignore.

Or make your own forum and go there..

Back
Top Bottom