New Bookmark and RSS feed buttons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've added a 'bookmark' button to the top right of every page which allows people to bookmark and share links to almost every social network/bookmarking site.

I've also added the RSS
rss.png
buttons and a "?" button after each which explains what RSS is, and how to use it.

I hope everyone will find these useful :D

Joel

Sorry, but I dont like any of it and have no desire to use either feature. The bookmark thing in the corner very annoying to say the least. Every time I go to my scroll bar the window pops up. Can we please have the option to take them off, or at least move the bookmark thing somewhere else, like the other side of the page.

I moved the bookmark because apparently on some people's browsers it was REALLY close the the scroll bar which caused problems. Thanks to Sicy for pointing that out ;)

Sicy said:
Sorry, but I dont like any of it and have no desire to use either feature. The bookmark thing in the corner very annoying to say the least. Every time I go to my scroll bar the window pops up. Can we please have the option to take them off, or at least move the bookmark thing somewhere else, like the other side of the page.

The idea is good but do we need it behind every single forum link?? The answer to that is no...particularly the "help" link.

It's already getting annoying to look at.

An option to remove it would be extremely helpful.

Elvis said:
I moved the bookmark because apparently on some people's browsers it was REALLY close the the scroll bar which caused problems. Thanks to Sicy for pointing that out ;)

Ok so does it really have to pop up when you move your mouse over it? Cant you just make it a button you can click? I really dont like that it pops up if your mouse hits it.

DaveC said:

My thoughts exactly.
In fact, I just finished posting elsewhere that....
"they are seriously distracting...and they're EVERYWHERE!! :scream:"

I know nothing about this stuff, but couldn't it just be something in our User CP's where we could just click if we want the RSS thing, and then have a forum list and select the ones we want updates from, rather then having those little boxes everywhere?

However, moving the bookmark thing to the top of the page is a great improvement. :up:

And completely unrelated question, I've been meaning to ask, when did that "buddy listed by" link under our names in each of our posts show up?

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
And completely unrelated question, I've been meaning to ask, when did that "buddy listed by" link under our names in each of our posts show up?

I see no point in this either.

DaveC said:

The idea is good but do we need it behind every single forum link?? The answer to that is no...particularly the "help" link.

I second this, and Sicy's post that you quoted too. This kind of stuff just strikes me as unnecessary clutter.

What's the point of this new feature, if you just subscribe to the threads you want to keep updated on/are interested in :reject:

I'm not sure where to put this question but this seemed to happen after this latest update so I'll try here:

What is with the space in the topic for B&C in the Lemonade Stand?

When you first go into the LS and you see the sub-threads listed at the top (ZS, B&C, PEUP, OOC) there is this empty space under B&C...

It's not a big deal, it just bugs me...

that is all...

There's time for this, and yet we've still got the Totaltickets.com banner at the top of every page...no time to "look for an alternative" eh?

:hmm:

:|

elevated_u2_fan said:
I'm not sure where to put this question but this seemed to happen after this latest update so I'll try here:

What is with the space in the topic for B&C in the Lemonade Stand?

When you first go into the LS and you see the sub-threads listed at the top (ZS, B&C, PEUP, OOC) there is this empty space under B&C...

It's not a big deal, it just bugs me...

that is all...

Can you take a screenshot? I dont see what you're talking about.

IE sucks, but that's another thread.

Hopefully Elvis will get his ass in here soon and address these issues. :wink:

i don't want to sound ungrateful for new features being introduced, but i'm not sure why ones members didn't ask for are being brought forth but ones people have been asking for (i've really got nothing specific in mind, just speaking generally) remain unaddressed?

Back
Top Bottom